Complete only with valid activation entered in the database?

The sotl.as programme has the wonderful function of displaying the summits with which one could reach a complete as an activator.

While browsing the map, I made the following discovery.

I was offered the summit I/TO-061 for a complete if I activated it. According to my records, I had a QSO with IZ5MYA/P on 13. 9. 2022. When I called this summit, however, no chaser data was displayed. The summit is not yet activated.

According to my records I had a qso with IZ5MYA, but he did not enter the activation data. When I searched for the callsign I only found this information and nothing else…

He seems not to be active… or has made a mistake with his callsign? (did anyone else have a qso with him?)

Is a chaser QSO only valid for a complete if the summit has been activated in a qualified manner and the data has been entered in the database?

73 Armin

2 Likes

Hello Armin

I also worked IZ5MYA/P on 40m CW on 13-09-22.

73 Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Hi Armin,

I believe the SOTA data for personal achievements is based on what you have submitted, not what others may/may not have done.
As long as you post a chase and activation, a Complete would be registered.

Easy way to find out, would be to temporarily load a dummy activation and see if the status indeed changes.

Alternatively, one of the devs could confirm the logic or you could actually try it by activating the summit… :slight_smile:

73, Robert
M0RWX

1 Like

I think I’ll give that a try… it is quickly deleted again

73 Armin

3 Likes

It works. The complete is displayed… but now I can’t get my fictitious activation deleted… :thinking:

I’ll try again later… :roll_eyes:

73 Armin

3 Likes

:+1:

:-1:

There are still some gremlins in the system since the introduction of the fantastic new features which will be ironed out over time.
Good luck!

73, Robert

2 Likes

As others said, SOTA awards are based entirely on what YOU log. If you have a chase and activation then you have a complete irrespective of what else is activated.

If we at the MT think something is odd about award claims we do some detailed analyses of logs to see if the logs are genuine or have use errors or if we think someone is cheating.

We have found very, very few examples of deliberate cheating in all the years SOTA has existed.

Odd it wont delete for me either. Andrew is travelling today so I will look later when I get home.

1 Like

I actually remember the callsign as I did a search at the time and found nothing - a very private individual indeed with virtually zero internet footprint. I wasn’t able to make contact myself, but a quick look at the database revealed F4WBN, EA2DT, G4AFI and others were successful.

1 Like

Is it a special event callsign? (although you’d expect that to be on qrz.com at the time)

2 Likes