Colin G4UXH SK

Oh how awful. My Dad John and I always loved our talks with ‘Colin from Milnthorpe’ on any of the fells we’ve done together for WOTA and SOTA since 2010. I will certainly miss him as Dad and I climb the 14 SOTA’s still to do during 2015 - he was so upbeat and positive. Our sincerest condolences to Heather and the family.

David M0YDH & John Holman

1 Like

Thanks to Terry for passing on this very sad news.
I never met Colin but will certainly miss him; he was my 6th most prolific Chaser.

Sincere condolences to Heather and Colin’s family and friends.

Rod (and Viki, M6BWA/P)

Sad news… AGAIN. This year, second radio friend I will miss during my activations… Making a search in my logbook after Colin’s callsign I saw how many QSO’s we had…
Guys, we - the SOTA friends - have such a small world that when someone is gone you really feel the loss, even if you didn’t met that person ever face-to-face. A part of the beautiful entire is missing and there is no one to bring it back.
Terry, please give all my sincere condolences to Colin’s family. Another sad day for me…
Colin, RIP dear friend! I will remember forever your warm voice calling me.
Sorin YO2MSB

1 Like

Was very sorry to hear this - condolences to Heather and family. I enjoyed meeting and chatting with Colin and Heather at Blackpool as well as working him as both activator and chaser. I think we last worked was when we were both in Scotland in June, and although his health was limiting his activating we did manage one S2S. I still have pleasant memories of having a 2m rag chew when I was on GM/WS-074Aonach Eagach - Sgor nam Fiannaidh and he was back at the base they were staying at, and he later popped up to work me again on 40m.

I shall miss his friendy voice.
Caroline M3ZCB

Colins Funeral will be next Thursday at the Crematorium Lancaster. at 2pm.
Followed by Soup and a roll at the Rugby club next to the crematorium
Anyone is welcome to attend.

Terry
G0VWP

I was very sad to hear about Colin, especially when I had visited him in hospital and he seemed to be recovering. He was a good friend, I shared a number of activations with him, he never complained about any difficulties encountered despite his medical problems. He will be greatly missed.

Very sad to hear of Colin’s passing.
I have not been up on the hills for a while but nearly always managed a QSO with Colin when I was.
I called in one day when I was passing by and was made most welcome by both Colin and Heather.
A great loss to all and to SOTA Colin was simply a gentleman.
73 my friend
Dave

Colin lived two doors away from my father (G4AUO - SK) and me when I lived in Milnthorpe.
He was a great guy and helped my dad a lot when he became ill.

It is really sad news and I have booked my train tickets to go to Lancaster on Thursday.

Farewell Colin

Ian
GM4AUP