Cnoc an Daimh Mor GM/NS-142

Later today I will be attempting a circuit around Meadie Ridge and Cnoc an Daimh Mor in Northern Scotland. The latter is one of the last unactivated mainland UK SOTA summits. Thought I’d spread the word for this unusual chasing opportunity as my alert only went in last night. I will be using a KX2 and EFHW. Hope to work you soon.
Richard

11 Likes

All the best for this trek Richard and for a good orderly activation. Unfortunately I won’t be in the shack today… yet more family duties call. :smiling_face:

73, Gerald

1 Like

You’ll need hover boots and rocket pants.

2 Likes

The walk today was a success, with about ten QSOs from GM/NS-142 with @GW4VPX first in the log. The circuit was 17.5km and took about five and a half hours. Lots of bogs and hags made for slow progress but it was never desperate underfoot. Still the toughest two 1 pointers in my logbook though. Weather was superb. Will post the full route and photo blog to https://m1hax.uk in due course.

GM/NS-142 summit station.

Hidden loch beach along the route.

GM/NS-130 summit station.

Richard

17 Likes

Well done Richard and thank you for the summit. Difficult terrain for you and difficult band conditions but we made it.

73 Allan

1 Like

Hi Richard, thanks for persevering for the s2s from GM/NS-142 today, band conditions were a bit difficult with fading and a lot of contesters.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

Thanks @GW4VPX great to get a regular chaser in the log for my first contact.

Well done

1 Like

I recognise that rock…

I’d set off by the time you posted your message or I’d have been looking for the complete. Never mind. I can’t believe it’s 4 1/2years since I was there. You had nicer skies :wink:

1 Like

I had a similar thought about a complete when I go up to Sutherland in May.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

Well done Richard. It’s always something special to get a “first activated”. Increasingly rare nowadays of course.

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Just five left in the UK and Northern Ireland… all in GM, including “the stacs”… Glad I started over 10 years ago and got more opportunities for 1st activations in the “home countries”. Plenty to go at when on holiday though.

5 Likes

Fantastic achievement Richard!

A long boggy approach, but based on the images, weather was on your side.

Great were able to make contact on the day. :+1:

73, Robert

1 Like