Checklist needed

In reply to K6ILM:
Add to that: loo roll & nappy sacs. for the hills without sufficient soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent foliage!

Edit, just spotted it on Jaakko’s list.

Ian, MM0GYX

In reply to MM0GYX:
The opinions are all in, and there are items to add to the list set out at the start of this thread. In that missive, I said there was something I couldn’t remember, and it is the flag! No one caught that. Take your flags, both SOTA and national…but don’t plant the latter as a claim of territory for your monarch. That’s been done once or twice… sometimes with short effect (tsk, tsk). To be added other than flags: summit designation with alerted frequencies, standard QRP and FM frequencies, human waste sack with paper, equipment mini-manuals/cheat sheets, small ruler, plastic envelope for money/papers/license, route plan, sunglasses, antenna insulators. I decided against adding G3CWI’s trousers due to difficulty reproducing the stains, holes and tatters.
At the summit, I added language about being wary of animals and weather/lightning. Post-summit, I mentioned writing resource tips on the summit info page for the benefit of other activators. The list is to be pared-down and personalized before printing, and it does not include any items for overnight trips or snow gear.
Thanks to G8ADD, GM4COX, C3CWI, KJ6OGE, MMoGYX, MM0FMF, and especially OH7BF/F5VGL. The list will be added to the files section of the NASOTA Yahoo group. Please find other places to install it for easy access/improvement, and for parallel lists for clothing, two-day trips and snow gear.

Elliott, K6ILM

Be a Hero
Get Glass