Checking In

Hello, I wanted to pop in and say hey. Name is Dillon and I’m in Eastern Washington, apparently a VERY summit rich environment. I’m really looking forward to getting more involved in this community. I have done a few activations using 2M, but am gearing up to utilize my new general privileges for more.
I grew up loving the outdoors and did trail maintenance work for the Forest Service during my summers in high school. I also hold 50 Miler(3 of them technically, twice on foot and once in a canoe) and Historic Trails awards from the BSA as a result of my backpacking trips. I got into ham radio at the encouragement of a long time friend and fellow adventure motorcyclist WU7X. Its been a wild ride thus far and it isn’t over by a long shot.
Current set up is an FT818, MXP50 amp and a Spark Plug Gear EFHW. Its all powered by Bioenno batteries. And hopefully once I learn Morse Code a British No2 Mk III key I found in a thrift shop and restored.
I’m hoping to learn and connect more through this forum, and I hope to hear some of you on the air!

6 Likes

Hello Dillon, welcome to the fraternity, thanks for your bio as well. Be aware, this activity will grow on you, but you will have fun and learn a lot from others on this reflector. :smiley:

cheers and enjoy :beers:

Geoff vk3sq

Welcome Dillon! There are quite a few active SOTAteers and great summits in the Spokane area. Also check out the PNWSOTA.org site for routes to some of the lesser known Eastern WA peaks.

Matt W7MDN

Welcome! Here’s to a few trans-Atlantic S2S!

Welcome to the addiction!

73 Richard