Cheap waterproof notebook

For those who like to use notebooks rather than typing QSOs into their 'phone, Rite-in-the-rain can be quite expensive; however a similar type of notebook is currently available very cheaply…I’ve used this exact model of notebook for the past few years, and only just run out - s was delighted to find them on special offer for £1.50

11 Likes

The US store has them too:

@M0MZB what are the dimensions of the notebooks? I don’t see that info listed.

2 Likes

Regatta | Waterprf Note 99 | Notebooks | Sports Direct

3 EUROs in Germany plus 4.99€ basic shipping.

Matthew - which type of pens/pencils do these pads work with?

73 Ed.

1 Like

Photo of a couple of these that I have used…they have the same green tinted paper as rite in the rain. Shown with a Yaesu FT5D fir scale.

I use the pens pictured below… relatively inexpensive pressurised pens which work on wet paper

4 Likes

Pens? PENS? Haven’t you heard of pencils?
Viki

4 Likes

Perhaps they are too new an invention. :wink:

3 Likes

This is a very interesting find! I see that like RITR notepads, these have 23 lines per page. Are they also 50 sheets (100 pages?) like the RITR? And 6" x 4"?

2 Likes

Should keep me going for a while (top couple of rows are my current used books…bottom two rows arrived yesterday).

Only trouble is (and it happened when I bought two boxes of waterproof pens), I become the household supplier of notebooks whenever they are required for whatever reason

3 Likes

Very odd that they don’t list that information!

@M0MZB can you please confirm the size and number of pages for us? TU!

2 Likes

they are 100mm by 150mm and I count 48 sheets (so it cou
ld possibly be 50, but I’m not doing a recount :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Nice one. I’ve just invested in fifteen quidsworth.

1 Like

10 arrived today (due next Monday)

1 Like