Chasers: Show us your Station

Been a while since i was an M3 and now a 2E jan 1st 2019 let alone posted an photo of me shack. AND many improvements especially in the antennas section.

Antennas now 2020 and all home brewed :slight_smile:
Still running the 40m loop FW hoz.
Inverted L 160m / 80 and 40m Trapped with Buried radials 115m of and EP at FP.

VHF
Now newly built 4 El 6m Beam ( I will catch a Sota one day on 6m)

UHF
2m 8 El Quagi Beam

70cm 15 El Quagi Beam

Portable antennas
20m/40m Res / 80LC Inverted V- Can be run vertically

160m/ 40-80m trapped inverted L .

160m LC inverted L 25m length over all. 5m min vertical
160/80m LC’s Dual inverted L again 5m of vertical. Over all 15m long.

160m LC vertical

Portable ground radials 8 X 5m 1.5mm flex weave. and the HB feeder points for the Inverted L’s and verticals

Plus the two Quagis as they break down to fit in motor.

10m squid pole.
20ft flag pole mast 5ft sections and drive on Tenna stand

Get up and go FT857D with MFJ939 AATU.

Sitting on top of the FT450 sitting in its own little cradle.

12v 10A slab
Lifepo 4 8400MA slab
PPSU dissy unit up dated to XT60’s

Plus the recently added 40w of TX has helped a lot from 10w to 50w as from Jan 1st 2019.

Lot of improvements at home and portable and more to come.
Such as proper rebuilds of the 2 Quagis mainly using ali tubing for the quad El’s and proper Ali booms making them stronger as the old 3 El moxon died this year hence built the improved 5 El Yagi and increase the radials lengths in garden for lower bands such as 160 and 80m just a few :slight_smile:

Watch this space.

Karl 2E0FEH

7 Likes

This is the first post I’ve put on here for years!

I have a very simple station, an IC-7300 for HF, 6 and 4m with an end fed 65ft long wire for 80-15m, Sirio verticalS for 10/12 and 4m. I also have a rarely used IC-7000 for 2m/70cms with a vertical Collider. I use my iPad with inverted screen for logging contacts.

9 Likes

A fine choice of beer Colin

FT817 on home and on mountain.
Winkeyer, Begali Simplex keyer

Multiband dipole and 3 bands vertical GP: 50, 145 and 432 MHz.

7 Likes

When I am chasing from home I use a FT DX-3000 with a 2 element tri-band beam and a 124’ end fed wire.The end fed is up about 60’ byt the beam is only up about 20’ but gets the job done.

SHACK

3 Likes

My home station is mainly Trio (Kenwood)
Top shelf - BNOS linears for 144MHz and 432MHz, Trio TR-7010 SSB/CW rig (1976 vintage) with DFC-230 VFO on top, Trio TS-130V (1983 vintage) mainly used for data, AT- 230 ATU, Trio TS-430S main HF rig.
Bottom shelf - Trio TS-711E 2m multimode, Trio TS-811E 70cm multimode
Bench level - Eddystone 840C run off 110V via transformer under the bench.
13.8V 25A PSU under bench
Antennas - 2m dipole and 70cm colinear in roof space, 40m dipole outside, 2m and 70cm yagis when required as I live in a restricted antenna zone.

For portable I mainly use Yaesu equipment.

6 Likes

Mi actual shack, the Elecraft K2 was sold past week to purchase another rig better for outdoors.

HF: ICOM IC-756/ Sigma Eurocom HF-360
VHF: ICOM IC-2200H / Diamond X-30

4 Likes

Station #1 is a Xiegu G90, Raspberry Pi, rare Envirotronic paddle, various dipoles in the trees.

Station #2 Icom 735, MFJ “Pacesetter” keyer with Bencher paddle, J-44 key, and assorted dipoles. Paper log.

4 Likes

What is a “collider” antenna?

Hello folks. Lots of nice pictures!
My shack is set up with two desks, primary and
“boat anchor”. I love to work with the old stuff!
Mostly CW. Sometimes the QRP SOTA signals are
just too much for the old stuff and I have to revert to
a modern radio to hear you!
HF antennas are a 3 element tri-bander and dipoles for 80, 60, 40, 30 meters.
John, K6YK

3 Likes

de M0TVU

6 Likes

Might need to drive down to ikea again after the lockdown :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it! The shelf is bending under the weight of radios. A prefect shack!

1 Like

My much more modest ‘office’. At the end of my outdoor equipment store & workshop (canoe paddles hung up on the right & x-country skis)-

Main radio - OK, the only one I use at home :-

Ten Tec Argosy - It will push out 40w, but I keep to my licence allowance of 10w
MFJ tuner - I forget which
RAF type D morse key. Just about the best key I’ve ever use
Aerial is a home brew dipole and for a number of reasons is only about 18 ft above the ground.

No PC/computer in my workshop - there’s no WIFI either. OH, and there’s no microphone either.

3 Likes

Flex 6400M
End Fed Wire Antenna @ 50ft.

Tim N9PUZ

4 Likes

I moved house last year and the shack got an upgrade:

The new screen really looks great with HDSDR, although the desk is nowhere near as tidy at the moment. The antenna is now a Windom for 80m and above. One end is a bit low, so I’d like to raise it sometime this year. I picked up Tasmania on 80m WSPR at 5w, so it’s not bad. I’m currently checking the wiring as I can’t earth anything on the radiators without the RCD tripping. The floating ground doesn’t affect the PC, but I’ve got a hum on my audio when I try to make recordings. Apart from that, it’s about as well equipped as I would ever want it.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

4 Likes

Elecraft K3S/P3 Panadapter (160-6M)
Yaesu FTDX 3000 (160-6M)
Kenwood TS-790A VHF/UHF
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Auto Tuner

HEX Beam @ 40 Ft (2-20 M)
Windom @ 50 FT (160-2M)
Hustler 5BTV 10-80 M

Vibroplex Lightning Bug
SKCC Cootie
NYE Champion Handkey
MERCURY Paddles
Begalli Sculpture Paddles
Begalli Traveler Light Paddles
Vibroplex Handkey
CMOS 4 Keyer
For SOTA activations
KX3
Begalli Traveler Light paddles
Palm Paddles
ParEnd Fed 10-40 m
SOTA Beam Dipole 10-80
20 M J pole

73 de John Paul // AB4PP

4 Likes

Yaesu 857d can be moved to the back patio. Generally set up for 2m SOTA activity - Packs up easily for my peak activations. Multiple antenna options, prefer the ATAS120 for HF ground set with four 10’ radials. ELK 2m 70cm.
Yaesu FTdx3000 - Attic 20m Dipole will tune 40m and 6m with excellent results (I live in an HOA)

4 Likes

Hello,

My shack is still changing…
I got rid of my old cheap amp for the KX3 and added a IC-7300 to my desk; that’s the rig I use nowadays for regular SOTA chase.

Okay, KX3 ears are excellent but I feel the receiver in the 7300 is doing really well.

No change on antennas: the Hexbeam (6 - 20 meter), a Delta loop for 40 m and an Inv-L for 80 m on the roof of a 9 floor building in the city centre. Some nasty permanent QRN is some fixed frequencies but I can live with that (so far…).

Okay, picture taken, now I can put again all that mess on the table, hi.
73 de Ignacio

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like