Chaser Videos

Very few chaser videos seem to be made. Perhaps because chasing seems rather easy? I did some chasing today but I did make the effort to make it challenging.

12 Likes

Video is set to private…

1 Like

Should work now.

1 Like

Excellent initiative Richard, sometimes I chaser from home, my video would be eternal before making a qso with activator…
I don’t want to bore you!!

2 Likes

Brilliant! When I heard you were wearing shorts I wondered if you had put cam cream on your legs. Later shots showed you hadn’t. Deduct one point for that. :slight_smile:

There are HuMPs which are one hundred metres and TuMPs which are thirty metre prominences but does the roundabout count as a FuMP? A five metre prominence? :slight_smile: Or more like a WuMP - a one metre prominence. :slight_smile:

PS: What did you use for the sub-titles?

2 Likes

Hi John, sub-titles can be turned off in the video settings.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

3 Likes

Hi Richard, thanks for another great video. Very interesting.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes

Thistles, nettles… a valiant endeavor. Count yourself fortunate: here in southeastern North America you would have been confronting poison ivy, too!

2 Likes

I like your style Richard lol

2 Likes

A few familiar voices on this Chaser video…

SOTA Chasers on 2M FM

73 Chris M0RSF

1 Like

Good video Richard. That was a very interesting challenge.

I can’t help wondering how many funny looks you got from drivers when you were walking on the roundabout filming yourself with a camera before disappearing through the thistles & stinging nettles into the woods?

Thanks for the very entertaining video.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m trying to get across the idea that even if you are not doing SOTA, people who are may often be the easiest people to work when you are using a compromised station.

2 Likes

What fun but almost impossible to do in the US and we have so few if any roundabouts (or circles as we call them).

Paul

1 Like

I am told that circles are fairly common in Arizona? One US ham has suggested he’s going to give it a try but I can’t see it becoming too popular. Best to stick with SOTA I think.

2 Likes