Charity *something* radio related activation for MRT.. ideas??

As alot of you know, i smashed my leg on the way to activate Kinder scout on the 2/1/23, slipped on an unexpected and un-noticed patch of black ice… (full story www.2e0jwa.co.uk). anyway, im on the mend, but want to to do something for the Mountain Rescue team that came to my aid on that day.

I am looking for ideas and to see if there is any interest in the wider community for some sort of activity that would raise some cash AND get some on the air activity… maybe towards the end of the summer (when i should hopefully be back to full activity again) or even something including winter bonuses! hihi.

Anyway I shall open up the floor to my fellow SOTA people, could be interesting to see whats suggested! and for those interested, I have another surgery mid April (at the moment) to remove the screws and plates holding my injured limb together! and should be lightly mobile for mid May if all is well!

Cheers - Alan

4 Likes

Dartmoor Search and Rescue have an annual Midnight Madness walk. They sell tickets to raise money and is well attended I believe.

This link is to the 2019 event but its all done on FB now which not everyone has access too.

Probably not really a SOTA thing but the walk could go via points where operators were sitting who could report progress of the walkers and any emergencies back to an HQ. Where you could be sitting if the leg wasn’t yet up to the walk. :slight_smile:

https://dsrtplymouth.org.uk/how-you-can-help-us/organised-dartmoor-walks/midnight-madness/

1 Like

hmm never seen that one before…

Thanks

1 Like

It wouldn’t have to be done at night. Lots of charity walks/runs also have different lengths at each event so can cover children to keen adults.

yea, i was thinking maybe some sort of charity walk with an activation… sponsor it and give the money to the MRT…

Dunno… im still open to ideas! lol

Cheers - Alan

1 Like