Certificates in downloadable PDF

Because of the increase postage cost for to have certificate mailed to me from UK to VK, why can’t certificates be available in PDF format. A recent certificate cost me over au$12.00. Quite a lot more for a uk$3.00 certificate.

Look forward to hearing from you. 73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

That used to be an option. Maybe not available right now? I’d rather donate to SOTA than pay anything to any branch of the UK Govt. (Still sore over the VAT they charged me on my own (second hand) radio (the brackets do match)).

1 Like

Because the amount of work nearly killed our awards manager. The option will come back eventually.

I am proposing reintroducing the pdf version but NOT free of charge as before. The number of options that may be added to the certificates will also be restricted as we do not have a system in place to produce the certificates online.
Just need time to check the server I used to provide access to the finished item is still available and update the format to the current Coreldraw format

Totally agree about the postal costs - I pay an eyewatering amount to the Post Office every time I send out SOTA awards :unamused:

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

4 Likes

Hello Barry, I noted this in the policy section of the sota shop -

Terms and Conditions

1) CERTIFICATES IN DOWNLOADABLE FORM

Certificates can be obtained as a Portable Document Format (pdf) file free of charge. Certificates are placed on a secure server and a link to download them is sent by email.

I wonder if you could comment.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

He did, above.

Things changed, the website information didn’t - mea culpa