Camino Activations - Many Thanks

Many thanks to the SOTA Hams who assisted me with the activations along the Camino Frances. Special thanks to EA4HIH, EA2BD, EA1AER, EA4HCF. I activated EA4/MD-051, EA1/LE-165, and EA1/LU-010 and walked into Santiago de Compostela on 13 July 2022. I greatly appreciate the courtesy extended to me by the SOTA community of Spain. Thanks for the transportation to the trailheads, the guidance on the trails, the spots and chasers.

7 Likes

Hi Joe. It’s been a pleasure to be with you and help you with activations and anything else. I guess you finished the Camino well.
Always at your disposal. And any other pilgrim activating sota.

Vy 73
Juan

1 Like

Hi Joe, it was my pleasure. Hope to see you soon in person or on the frequencies.

Reiner/ EA4HIH

Hi Joe,
thanks for your updated news, I am glad you succesfully reached your destination in the Camino and arrived safe and sound.

Well done on your activation, I was happy to chase you and see you did a great combination og pilgrimage and SOTA.

Thanks for your visit and looking forward to give you a pay back visit whenever it’s possible.
Stay safe and all the best

73 querido amigo Joe,
Ignacio

1 Like

Juan, I was happy to read your post. I am planning on the Camino Frances in May/June 2023. I am just starting my planning now. Hope to catch you on the air. I may write to you asking for some help.

'73
Johannes, KI6M

1 Like

Dear Johannes: superb. I’m at your disposal for whatever you need: planning, information, summits that can be activated from the camino…
And, of course, I hope we will have the opportunity to meet, eat and activate together.
Keep me informed. You can write to me at my public email.
Juan

2 Likes

Juan/EA1AER is a great guide and did a fine job showing me around Leon and getting me to a summit for an activation. Plan for a “rest” day from the Camino when you pass through Leon and let Juan provide his hospitality!

3 Likes

Fantastic. Thank you!!