Callsign - Editing Account

Please could anyone inform me how to edit my account to change the way in which my callsign appears on the reflector, i.e. from M3EDX to 2E0EDX.
I just can’t find a way to do it, with no function contained within the Edit Account link to accommodate the change.Its probably me being thick,not knowing where to look, but I’m completely baffled.

Thanks in advance.

73’s

Ian 2E0EDX

In reply to M3EDX:

Ian

If no-one knows here, you may like to try Jon GM4ZFZ who wrote the software:

http://www.sota.org.uk/Contact/select/callsign/GM4ZFZ

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Hi Richard

Many thanks for the advice, will do so if no further info comes to light on this thread.

73’s

Ian 2E0EDX

In reply to M3EDX:

Whenever I have had a new callsign I have just signed up for a new account on SOTAwatch. You can alter your callsign in the database and the new account on SOTAwatch will link in happily to it.

i.e M3EDX —> 2E0EDX

1. Alter database to show 2E0EDX (this means you get to keep all of your points from M3EDX).
  2. Sign up for a new account on SOTAwatch with the callsign 2E0EDX. This account will look at the database, and whenever you look at the details of a summit etc it will tell you what you have and have not chased/activated.

It does not matter which order you do this in. Hope that helps.

Dave M0MYA

In reply to M0MYA:

Aha, seems your new call slipped past me Dave - Congratulations! I bet that it looks good on a QSL card.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Thanks Gerald. Yes, I’ve decided I’ll actually have some printed up now that my callsign won’t be changing anytime soon. Time for Geoff 'BTR to get some photos of me with one foot on a rock, face into the wind, with the 80m dipole in the background. :wink:

Dave.

In reply to M0MYA:

You’ll have to use a dipole made out of RG58 coax or something similar Dave - if yours is anything like mine, you’ll be hard pressed to see it against the sky. Maybe a bit of tickling with Paint Shop Pro will be required, Hi.

Hope to catch you on a summit sometime soon.

73, Gerald