Call for Contibutions to SOTA Quarterly News August 2020

The August 2020 Quarterly News is due to be published to the reflector soon, hopefully some time early next week. As usual I can only compile whatever is submitted so if nothing is, then no news will appear, so this is a call for submissions. Have you any newsworthy items that you would like included in the August 2020 Quarterly SOTA News. I appreciate that because of Covid-19 restrictions activity has been a bit lower but maybe you have something you would like to share that you didn’t want to post as a topic on its own, but is still worth sharing. Please let me have any thing that I may include in the August 2020 Quarterly SOTA News.

We still have not had any regular contributors south of the Equator so far so if you are interesting in doing so on a quarterly basis please let me know.

Please note that if you receive this as an email from the reflector then you cannot reply by email as it goes nowhere. You need to message me directly via a PM or if you prefer via email to my email address as per QRZ

Importantly if you have something to be added to the August 2020 Quarterly News, do not post it as as reply to this otherwise it will be instantly seen by everyone here and will no longer be news.
Jim

3 Likes

Probably need a statement about OK… just thinking about what to say.

2 Likes

Yes indeed. I remember one day several years ago when someone activated a great bunch of high scoring OK summits in one day and someone made a questioning comment on the reflector (I think it may have been Steve @G1INK but I may be wrong). I examined the possible routes on a map and was shocked at the total route climb, possibly less than some single summits in some associations…

3 Likes