Buying stuff from overseas

I bought 100 metres of antenna wire from Sotabeams, to be shipped DHL courier. In the last 33 hours, it’s traveled two places in England, plus Norway, Denmark & now in Germany. Is that standard?

Elliott, K6EL

No, it’s not standard. :rofl:

That sounds to me like a tracking system problem - are you tracking the package via the DHL page or some other independent service?

In my recent experience, it’s very unlikely that a package of any kind would get into the EU from the UK in just 33 hours - the Customs people at both sides of the Brexit border simply don’t work that fast.
Two places in the UK is certainly possible but after that I think what the tracking system is telling you is messed up.
73 Ed.

3 Likes

Definitely not standard - possibly an “alternate route” in the DHL network because there was no more space on their direct freight plane …

The DX record for me is a package from a provider in the U.S.A. that traveled via Norway and then, I almost freaked out, Australia until it finally arrived in Switzerland. The tracking was 100% correct, as was the package label with my address in large font. The corresponding package stickers confirmed that the package was actually in Australia.

2 Likes

Did someone in DHL get confused between Austria and Australia?

Ron
VK3AFW

4 Likes

You are lucky - at least you are not told that couriers (of whatever flavour) do not deliver to Highlands of Scotland which is, of course total bu****it.
Amazes me that you can get delivery to the contiguous 48 States with ease but cannot ship across a piddling little island bare 1000 miles top to bottom!!!

On the other hand - SOTA is now struggling with the hyper expensive US Postal Service which offers a Brown Ale service at Champagne prices :rage:

5 Likes