Bunny ear TV antenna

Bunny ear TV antenna in stock at Poundland. Just pulled one apart and knocked up a 2m antenna. Absolute doddle to get SWR down to virtualy nothing. Lot easier than nibbling away at wire.

Might even give it an outing tomorrow…

BTW, who bought up all the hard camera cases :frowning:

Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
I made up a 2 ele beam from two sets of extendable aerials for a pal, he uses it for portable work when the likes of a SOTA beam would take too long to put together. Very easily done with great results. Would recommend it as a first time project for a beginner into antenna experimenting, guaranteed to put a smile on your face when it works well.
Roddy. 2m0iob.

In reply to 2E0YYY:
How long before Poundland start selling cheap 2m handhelds?!

Thanks for the heads up on the TV antenna Mike. Just finished a 2m Moxon made from scrap bits. Although I don’t think the XYL was too pleased to find the beach tent is minus a set of fibre glass poles (which made ideal spreaders). Gave it a test on the meter last night and it seems fine with ‘first cut’ dimensions.

Jonathan
M6HBS

In reply to M6HBS:

In reply to 2E0YYY:
How long before Poundland start selling cheap 2m handhelds?!

Now that would be nice, Jonathan.

Thanks for the heads up on the TV antenna Mike. Just finished a 2m
Moxon made from scrap bits. Although I don’t think the XYL was too
pleased to find the beach tent is minus a set of fibre glass poles
(which made ideal spreaders). Gave it a test on the meter last night
and it seems fine with ‘first cut’ dimensions.

LOL, the things we do in the name of radio, Jonathan!

The Poundland Bunny Ear antenna worked a treat, 60 contacts in about two and half hours, from the Cloud. Under 2p per contact, not bad :wink:

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to MM3WWV:

Indeed, so much fun working with home brew stuff. I really wish me old eyes were better, I find soldering a nightmare these days :frowning:

Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M6HBS:

Jonathan, This is how you do it…

1/ Put a small tear in beach tent just before going to the beach.
2/ Take the family to the beach.
3/ Find tear.
4/ Run to the shops and buy a new one.
5/ Say “Hey these fibre glass poles would make good spreaders for a Moxon and I could fashion a kite for the kids out of the old beach tent”.

That way you come off as a good dad, a frugal caring husband and get to make your Moxon.

Regards Steve GW7AAV