Brian G4ZRP now SK

Avery heart-warming story. Did you two ever go out when it was Warm,. HI?
Nice to see the various summits.

1 Like

Always so sad to hear of the loss of a SOTA supporter and activator. Had quite a few chats on the air with ZRP.
Thoughts and prayers to friends who miss Brian and of course to the family.

1 Like

Thank you for the super collection of photos Andy - you will miss him a lot. We never met but I was always pleased to hear the voice on the rare occasions we were within range. SOTA has lost a great friend to both activators and chasers - and a face that will not be forgotten. RIP
Viki

1 Like

Sad news indeed, even if expected.
RIP Brian

Thank you for posting the Norbreck photos of Brian, John @G4YSS . I felt these were the shots ā€œmissingā€ from Andy @MM0FMF 's collection, but when I scanned through my own website, I couldnā€™t find any. Brian was often the first non-MT to volunteer for stand duty at Norbreck every year, so Iā€™m really pleased you have shared these.

4 Likes

A nice homage by Andy to Brian, on a terribly sad loss.
RIP Brian.

Sorry to hear the sad news of Brian. Worked Brian a few times while out on the hills and also knew him as a member of the Chester and District Amateur Radio Society.

RIP Brian.

John

1 Like

Although an accepted inevitability, desperately sad to hear Brian has signed off for the last time. Many thanks Andy and John for bolstering my own memories. Lost count of the times I heard ā€œAahhā€¦ Paulā€¦ have you got the WAB square?ā€ :rofl:

RIP Brian de Paul G4MD

3 Likes

Happy memories of Brian when doing SOTA, especially in the Lake District.

RIP

1 Like

For information, Brianā€™s funeral, as things stand, is on Friday 7th July, 12.30pm, Landican Cemetery Crematorium, Woodchurch, Birkenhead CH49 5LW.
Very sad news to hear-I will miss his calls when playing radio out on the hills. RIP Brian.

3 Likes

Here are some pictures and words from Tim Black (2E1BZZ), Brianā€™s eldest son.

Dear all,

Iā€™d like to thank you for all the kind messages and memories youā€™ve shared regarding our dad Brian G4ZRP. Dad had a passion for SOTA spending many an hour in his shack chasing and also activating summits along with chatting to his friends. It brought him a lot of joy of the years. As a family we are warmed by the messages and would like to thank you .

As previously announced, all are welcome to dadā€™s funeral at

12.30pm Friday 7th July at Landican Cemetery, Wirral

Huge thanks to Andy for the heartfelt tribute to dad, the pictures say it all. Youā€™ve been a great friend.

Tim and Joe Black.

13 Likes

All in all, a very nice tribute to your friend Brian, Andy; thanks.

Ken

1 Like

Oh wow just caught news of Brian is no longer with us.

Radio In Peace fella. Will miss his voice on air

2E0FEH

1 Like

Sad news indeed, Worked him a couple of times on summits, and i think heā€™s in my trig logs too! nice guy, real shameā€¦

RIP Brian

Alan

1 Like