Birks Fell / Fountains Fell 17/2/09

Yesterday I activated the above 2 summits in unseasonably mild weather, the wx was strange as it made the summits look like they were covered in dry ice with fog / cloud spilling down their sides.
Birks Fell G/NP-031 was activated in very thick fog, visibility 10 - 15m. It was very unpleasant as I got soaked with condensation dripping off the antenna.
Fountains Fell G/NP-017 was more pleasant, a mix of low cloud with clear patches, temperature around 9 Celcius.
Pen y Ghent G/NP-010 was considered, but by the time the fog had cleared it was too late to start walking.
A total of 106 contacts from the 2 summits, all ssb, being 58 on 40m & 48 on 80m.
I`ve posted a short video on you tube. It took 2 attempts, as the first one seemed to be uploading for about 20 hours before I cancelled it & started again.
The clip is at Fountains Fell G/NP-017 - YouTube

In reply to G1INK:
Thanks for nice video
73 QRO
Roger

In reply to G1INK:

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the QSO and the nice video. Cu Nxt soon again
Luc ON6DSL

In reply to G1INK:

Anyone got a clue why Steve’s video will not play on my PC. There seems to be a 50% chance with YouTube these days as to a video working or not. I get sound and the first frame only. All Steve’s previous efforts and most of the SOTA videos play fine.

It works fine in IE but Firefox pukes it.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=4245

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G1INK
Very enjoyable Steve.

73 Graham G4JZF