Best Wishes Start Here

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2008…

Naddolig Llawen ac Blwyddyn Newydd Hapus 2008…

Feliz Natal e Bom Ano Novo 2008…

Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo 2008…

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo 2008…

Joyeux Noel et Heureuse Nouvelle Annee 2008…

Frohe Weihnachten und Gluckliches Neues Jahr 2008…

From the m0sgb family Steve m0sgb, Nicola 2e0dnb, Bobbie m3dnc…

And the same to you Steve.

But is there the greeting in every language of all the current SOTA associations in there? And have you, mistakenly, included the greeting in a language not generally spoken in any current association? :wink:

Anyone up for a 2m FM S2S on Christmas Day?

Compliments of the Season,

Tom M1EYP, Marianne, Jimmy M3EYP & Liam

Here’s the one in dutch:

“Vrolijk kerstfeest en gelukkig nieuwjaar aan iedereen !!!”

Best wishes and above all a good health lots of pleasure in 2008 from me. I hope you achieve each and every goal you make.

Started sota beginning this year and this is a great group of people that made me feel very welcome. Thanks everyone !!!

peter

In reply to ON3WAB:
And one more:
Nollaig chridheil agus bliadhna mhath ùr
73 jim

In reply to M0SGB :

Ey up me owd duck, ave yer sen a merry Christmas & a happy New Year.

In reply to M0SGB :

Just a plain old Happy and safe Christmas and great 2008 to all activators and chasers from the flatlands of Suffolk.

Best 73’s
David/G4CMQ

Is there a standard CW abbreviation for Merry Christmas?

In reply to all:
And one more:
Kellemes Karácsonyt és Boldog Újévet!
Thanks everyone for both chaser and activator points this year.
73!
Janos, HA4FY

In reply to M0SGB :
Luk, ar kid, oim joost a plain Brummy wi a shamrock in me turban, oi doesn’t unnerstand yer gobbledygook an oi aint tazzing about no tumps wi a kilo uv turkey in me gut, neither, but Boxing day, now me crampons fit me slippers…praps!

Happy Xmas

Brian G8ADD

In reply to all:
There’s a card for you all on Flicka,sorry I only do French and German and not very well at that. Anyone recognise the summit? It’s an NP and the camera is standing on the trig. All the best to everyone from both of us, you’re a great crowd.
Happy Christmas and a Good New Year to you all,
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:

Anyone recognise the summit?

No, because I haven’t been there yet! For those that want to see whether their guess is correct, just match the photo date with Rob’s activation record…

Looks a nice summit. Maybe get that under the belt in 2008.

Best wishes to you both and all other activators and chasers for Christmas and the New Year,

Gerald

In reply to ALL :

No words …

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21351505@N08/2118853456/in/pool-sota/

73 and 88
Luc ON6DSL

Hi, Tom

Anyone up for a 2m FM S2S on Christmas Day?

Depends on the time. None of your silly-o’clock in the morning activations, please. I’d be allowed out to Long Mynd (ice permitting) while XYL & Steven are at Church. Invited out for lunch, so no spuds to bash.

Regards, Dave, M0DFA

In reply to G4RQJ:

There’s a card for you all on Flicka,sorry I only do French and German and not very well at that. Anyone recognise the summit? It’s an NP.

just been looking on flickr and can’t find the photo, will look later,
merry christmas and happy new year rob and audrey,
hope to catch you soon from a summit,

Steve m0sgb

No Dave, it will be at quite a civilised time on Christmas Day - see SOTAwatch Alerts. XYL Marianne will be getting in at 0800 after a night-shift, so we will do presents then with her, and then going out when she goes to bed for a kip before we too all eat out for Christmas Dinner (at the local balti house).

73, Tom

In reply to M0SGB :
Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all sotarists. Thanks for my first year I have really enjoyed the new hobby.

New Year’s Resolution for me, is to get this ageing body up Snowdon for a cw activation, and get my activator points up to 200. watch this space.

73’s Mike G0HIO

(Tom I have always said there should be a cw abbreviation for merry xmas we will have to invent one)

The obvious one seems to be “dah dah dah di di dah” sent as a special character - but perhaps that is already in use for something else?

Or perhaps “O O O A” (think about it!).

In reply to M1EYP:
O J E Ø …hey!

In reply to M0SGB :
Gleddelig Jul Og Godt Nyttar,
Merry Christmas And Happy New Year ,
Fra Hanson Familien,
73 de Geoff,G4CPA