Best laid plans . . . . . .!

A carefully planned SOTA day of 6 x 1 pointers, across the Lleyn peninsula and Anglesey, frustratingly ended up being a very expensive 1 point!

Equipped with plenty of spare batteries, radios, changes of clothes, rations etc but . . . . . only 1 vehicle!

Apologies to any chasers who were listening out for us, but many thanks to Alun 2W0CYM, Roger 2E0BMO, Bob G6ODU and Ross MW0BYT who at least saved it from being a ‘pointless’ day (particular thanks to Alun for his help).

Thanks to all.
Karen (2E0XYL) & Neil (2E0TDX)

In reply to 2E0XYL:

So what was the problem in the end, did the car breakdown? Or was there another reason?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Car, Andy! Problems with the dreaded “Engine Management System”! Perhaps a trip to a single location might be a better idea next time.

It was good to work you whilst you were back in this neck of the woods - maybe we’ll manage to get up to the Highlands sometime (though with 4 dogs & 5 cats - overnighters are a bit of a problem)!

Karen
2E0XYL

In reply to 2E0XYL:

I wondered why I didn’t see or hear anything of you, I just assumed I wasn’t in RF range of you or any chasers.

'(though with 4 dogs & 5 cats - overnighters are a bit of a problem)!'
Another Animal Lover then?. 4 Horses, 2 Dogs & 7 Cats here, so I know the problem.

Hope you get the Car sorted soon.

Colin.

In reply to 2E0XSD:

Thanks, Colin.

“Another Animal Lover then?. 4 Horses, 2 Dogs & 7 Cats here, so I know the problem.”

You sound worse than us! Ours are all rescues, usually with some sort of problem . . . . . and so the menagerie grows!

Hope to work you again soon - I might try coaxing the car to a single location tomorrow - last day before work and I’m getting cabin fever!

Karen

In reply to 2E0XYL:

Sorry everyone for dragging this off topic.

Yes Karen I think we are. All ours are rescue of some description also, except for the latest 3 Kittens, we obviously didn’t get our little boy done in time:S

Hope to hear you & Neil again soon, my rig has been awfully quiet today:(

Colin.