Beinn Bhrotain GM/ES-007 25/05/2017

Just a quick report for those people confined to work, sadly me also today! I was able to get some last minute leave and join my old pal Mark who also had a day off. Last time we were in the Cairngorms together was in the Scouts, on epic weekend trips that would would never be undertaken today… He wanted to do two Munros Beinn Bhrotain & Monadh Mor. These are remote, about 30km of walking no matter what route you do. We went from Linn of Dee, 5km on bikes to White Bridge then 29km circular route over Carn Clioch-mhuillin, Beinn Bhrotain then finally Monadh Mor. GPS said 39.7Km when we got back to car park.

I made 50 Q’s on 40/30/20CW, we were not hanging around so just one call on 2m FM and nil. Rig KX2 + 33m doublet, internal atu + 1:1 balun for instant band change.

Amazing Wx, car thermo said 27C driving back down to Braemar! Not a breath of wind or a cloud in the sky!

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

Mark ready to go

Dee up towards White Bridge

Selfie, GM0GAV left

Still a bit of snow around, wont last long with weather like this

Deil’s Point left, Lairig Ghru, Cairn a Mhaim with Ben Macdui behind

5 Likes

Envy!

Thanks Gavin,

You have to put in your mountain days to get photies like that.
Me, I am waiting for a ton of topsoil to be delivered, going to be a sweaty afternoon. Doing a bit of chasing while I wait, with SFI at 74!

David G0EVV

That’s what I like to hear - if you can’t get out on the hills, build your own! :wink:

1 Like