I think the current generation of AI engines, with all the updates that have hit this month, are about to hit a tipping point, It seems they are going be the next major disruptor for technology.
Try this in ChatGPT for example, “Write python code to convert an ADIF log file format to a SOTA CSV log file”
I was blown away, with not only its ability to write code, but to know things like what an ADIF and SOTA csv file formats are.
SOTA (Summits on the Air) is a popular amateur radio activity that involves operating from the top of a mountain or hill. Here is a basic list of equipment you will need for a SOTA activation:
1. Portable radio: You will need a portable radio capable of transmitting and receiving on the amateur radio bands. Many SOTA activators use QRP (low-power) radios to keep their setup lightweight.
2. Antenna: A lightweight and portable antenna is necessary for good signal transmission. A popular choice is a wire antenna that can be strung up in a tree or attached to a pole.
3. Battery: You will need a battery to power your radio and other equipment. Make sure to choose a battery with enough capacity to last the entire activation.
4. Logging equipment: You will need a way to log your contacts during the activation. Some people use paper logs, while others use digital logging software on a laptop or tablet.
5. Navigation equipment: Depending on the location of the summit, you may need a map and compass or GPS device to navigate to the summit and ensure you stay safe during the activation.
6. Personal gear: You should also bring appropriate clothing and gear for the weather and terrain, such as hiking boots, a backpack, food and water, and a first aid kit.
It’s worth noting that the specific equipment you need may vary depending on the location, terrain, and other factors. It’s always a good idea to check the SOTA database and consult with experienced SOTA activators to ensure you have the appropriate gear for your particular activation.
Not at all. It can only write code for what is has been trained on (at present) and then there’s gaps and issues. It does put comments in the code which makes it 100% better than the code oompa-lumpas we employ in “cheaper wage cost” parts of the world.
It’s the manager types who should be most worried!