Awards Report - February 2019

SOTA Awards February 2019

February was a very quiet month for Awards, but very busy for merchandise.

Congratulations to Mountain Goats S59WT, JM3HRC, KC4WZB, E70AA and ZS5APT. Most notable were prolific Chaser (he has even chased me!) DL1FU with 10k summits chased and HB9CBR with the Amethyst Summit to Summit Award; both outstanding achievements.

Trophies Issued

Mountain Goat

S59WT Igor Stanko

JM3HRC Takahiro Yamaguchi

KC4WZB Joel Shannon

E70AA Zoran Cvijanovic

Shack Sloth

K7III Jason Milhoan

Certificates Issued

Activator

JM3HRC Takahiro Yamaguchi 1000 points

KC4WZB Joel Shannon 1000 points

ZS5APT Adele Tyler 500 points

Chaser

VE2GT Pierre Jolin 1500 points

VK2MG Alan Hargreaves 100 points

DO1HFS Heinrich Schnell 100 points

Chaser Unique

DL1FU Friedrich Winzer 10000 summits

Summit to Summit

HB9CBR Bruno Ackermann Amethyst

9A6CW Ivica Zitko Gold

Mountain Explorer

Mountain Hunter

SV2HSY EFthymios Nikolaou Gold

SV2HSY Efthymios Nikolaou Silver

Microwave Award

WA7JTM Pete Scola 150 km 23 cm

Not a lot of news this month. The trophies finally arrived and our engraver turned them round in super quick time; the long outstanding Mountain Goat trophies should be on their way if they haven’t arrived already.

Thank you for the donations specifically targeted at the costs of the SMS service in the USA; this is now very well funded and Andy (MM0FMF) is very happy at the balance for future expenses.

Now the bad news: once again Royal Mail are putting up postal charges effective from the end of March. Unfortunately their excitement at increasing costs doesn’t include producing a comprehensive listing of the new charges – my local Post Office hopes to have the information shortly!

May I remind folks that the revenue generated by sales through the SOTA shop (link available from all SOTA IT sites) help provide the various facilities which are used free of charge by all participants. Commercial servers are not cheap to use so please help if you can. Some merchandise will be available at the Blackpool Rally so come along and support the programme.

Stay safe on the hills

Barry GM4TOE

SOTA Awards Manager

3 Likes