Association updates 1st September 2023

Here is the list of updates for 2023-09-01. These have mostly been pushed, except I think the Italian ref changes.

G

G has received an update from the latest Hills Database data. None of the changes have been big enough to result in a ref change or points change, but the most notable is a shift of the high point for G/WB-022.

DM

DM similarly has a number of tweaks. In this case though one did result in a score change: DM/HE-054 now gives 6 points instead of 4. For DM/HE-544 the reassessment went in the other direction, finding it short of the required prominence resulting in retirement.

I

Further to a local referendum, the municipality of de Sappada “moved” from the Belluno province to the Udine province. Because of this we are reclassifying 9 I/VE summits with new I/FV refs:

• I/VE-072 → I/FV-186
  • I/VE-075 → I/FV-187
  • I/VE-078 → I/FV-188
  • I/VE-084 → I/FV-189
  • I/VE-085 → I/FV-190
  • I/VE-088 → I/FV-191
  • I/VE-118 → I/FV-192
  • I/VE-143 → I/FV-193
  • I/VE-222 → I/FV-194
4 Likes

We have also added a new summit: FL/VO-179 TĂŞte de Meusfoux - 1085m, 10 points
and updated FL/VO-038 .

4 Likes

The Italian updates should be done by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: Italian updates now in place.

Congratulations to prolific activator Armin DL6GCA/P for being the first to visit FL/VO-179 and give us the SOTA ATNO this morning. “The early bird catches the worm!” (And another summit to Complete if I ever get the chance to return to the Vosges).

73 Phil G4OBK (Now back in home QTH)

2 Likes

Thanks for the congratulations…

Phil @G4OBK - Of course it would be great to meet YOU in the Vosges!

I have already entered a few pictures on sotl.as. I had in mind that it is in the jungle. But the summit is easy to reach. There is an old, steep, dilapidated forest road that is not marked on any map.
Unfortunately, the coordinates of the photos on the way did not fit.

BTW… the 4th QSO to validate the summit for points was with VK2IO… the early bird… :wink:

73 Armin

8 Likes

Heck… I was right by there in June. Oh well, another good reason to return to this lovely area.

4 Likes

Hi Andy,
I just had a look at those references, the update does not seem to be in place.
Have a look at: Sotadata3 (and the same is for all the others).

Thanks and 73

1 Like

Simone, there’s 173011 summits, what’s wrong with that summit?

1 Like

Hi Andy,
All the “Italian update” mentioned here are not in place. It was only one example from the list.
This is not a complain, I was only telling you that something went wrong in the update process.

Further to a local referendum, the municipality of de Sappada “moved” from the Belluno province to the Udine province. Because of this we are reclassifying 9 I/VE summits with new I/FV refs:

1 Like

I confirm actually the database (sotl.as) shows yet the old references (I/VE-xxx) instead of the new ones (I(FV-xxx)

2 Likes

I was sure this was done but I think I only tested the changes on the test DB. It’s on the list to be done. You can still use the old refs until they change. Any history with the old refs will move to the new ref.

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Thanks Andy!

Your support is really appreciated.

1 Like