Association Reference Manuals for Germany

By now, most SOTA participants will be aware that a major review of summits in DL/DM is taking place. This comprises deletion of listed summits that are found non-complaint with the P100 parameter, correction of some positional information, and the inclusion of some newly-identified summits. It is a major undertaking, involving the Association Managers, their Regional Managers and the MT in a lot of work. Inevitably, it will be some time before the task is complete.

Once the new lists are stable, the relevant Association Reference Manuals will be updated with the revised lists. Meanwhile, in order to ensure that SOTA participants do not inadvertently use out-of-data summit information, the German ARMs have been temporarily removed from the main SOTA website.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Hello Les,

When are we going to see the 2009 SOTA-DL Association Reference Manuals on the SOTA web site?

Regards,

Gerd.

In reply to DF9TS:

Hi Gerd,

You beat me to it, I was just about to ask the same question re the DM and DL Association manuals. What news please Les ?

Regards,

Mike G4BLH

Thank you for bringing this oversight to our attention. Hopefully the current ARMs will be on the website soon.

In the meantime, I can confirm that the information currently showing on both the Database and SOTAwatch is correct.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Thanks Tom as always.

Gerd.

Hi folks!

I submitted a new ARM to the SOTA MT on 28 January 2009. There has been no response. I asked them about again, and there has been no answer. Anyway I decided to publish our (preliminary if you want) ARM on our SOTA-DL web site

under Home->Assoziation->Referenz

because I have been asked several times whether a new ARM is available.

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD
AM Deutsche Alpen

In reply to M1EYP:

Thank you for bringing this oversight to our attention. Hopefully the
current ARMs will be on the website soon.

On a related point, I think it would be useful to reinstate the 1-page index of all official SOTA documents. It used to be like that, but now you have to visit the association first and then get the manual, which is a trifle tedious if you want to download several.

I’m not suggesting getting rid of the current scheme, just supplementing it with a simple flat index. It could be as simple as enabling an automatic index of Summits on the Air, which currently gives “403 Forbidden”.

In reply to DD1LD:

Hi, Dzianis, I have checked around and nobody has received anything from you since 26 January 2009. I suggest you check the address you used and resend the material so that it can be processed.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Come on Brian :slight_smile:

I resent the new ARM and forwarded my two previous emails from 28 and 29 January 2009 to G8ADD, GM4ZFZ and of course to M1EYP. I hope you have got them now.

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD

In reply to DD1LD:

Thanks for resending them, Dzianis, I can confirm that I have received them OK, If they didn’t arrive at the others I can pass them on.

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry to disturb you again, but there has been no response again regarding the new ARM. Could you explain the SOTA community what the problem is, please.

Thanks in advice,

Dzianis
AM Deutsche Alpen

There seems to be a deathly silence about these ARMs. Is there a problem with them ? Are they not approved ? The ARM is on the DM Sota Website but not on the main SOTA site. The new summits are not in the database which made it difficult for me to spot DL3SBA/P on DM/NW-251 this afternoon. Some clarification requested if you please.

Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

If you go to the SOTA database

http://database.sota.org.uk/summits.aspx

you will find the new summits in DM/RP,DM/NW and DM/NS and minor changes in DM/SX, SR

Walter
DK1BN
RM DM/RP

In reply to DK1BN:

In reply to G4BLH:

If you go to the SOTA database you will find the new summits in DM/RP,DM/NW > and DM/NS and minor changes in DM/SX, SR
Walter
DK1BN

Hi Walter,

Many thanks for your reply.

Indeed they are, but the ARMs are still not on the main website for some reason, (I know they are on the German SOTA site) and when I tried to spot DM/NW-251 this afternoon, the system did not recognise the summit, and still does’nt. Also the post from DD1LD on March 22nd on this thread regarding the ARMs still has not been answered.

Regards, Mike G4BLH

Hi all,

The jobs of putting updated ARMs on the website, and that of updating SOTAwatch to reflect Database changes, are all in the portfolio of Jon GM4ZFZ. At present, Jon is away on business, and has been so for over a week, hence why the tasks remain outstanding.

He does return in the next few days, so hopefully the matters will be addressed within another week.

Thank you for your patience.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Tom,
we are showing our patience now since mid January when Mark finalized the list for Dl (German Alps).

No problem to wait another few days/weeks/months :wink:

Regards,

Gerd.

The updated DL ARM is now on the SOTA website.

SOTAwatch has now been updated, so new DM summits are recognised.

We are working on getting hold of the latest DM ARM in order to place that on the main SOTA website, but all of its data is OK in SOTAwatch and the Database.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4BLH:

Indeed they are, but the ARMs are still not on the main website for
some reason, (I know they are on the German SOTA site) and when I
tried to spot DM/NW-251 this afternoon, the system did not recognise
the summit, and still does’nt. Also the post from DD1LD on March 22nd
on this thread regarding the ARMs still has not been answered.

I see its ARMs in the plural now, Mike. The DL ARM is being dealt with. In the context I assume you refer to the DM ARM as well. When we receive it we will see about uploading it.

Look, if you guys want to interact with the MT, do it via the correct route. The reflector is not the correct route because it is bound to be a bit hit and miss, you are depending on the member of the MT who deals with whatever topic you wish to discuss actually catching your reflector post. Directly addressing the MT guarantees a response. Click on reply to any topic and below the reply box in the fine print you will see The Management Team underlined, just click on that.

Brian G8ADD

I see its ARMs in the plural now, Mike.

Lost me there I’m afraid, but I was referring to DM to make it clear.

When we receive it we will see about uploading it.

I thought from your earlier posting you received it some time ago !

Look, if you guys want to interact with the MT, do it via the correct
route.

Well smack my wrists for having the audacity to politely ask a question.

Mike

In reply to G4BLH:
For goodness sake, Mike, stop being so abrasive, it is really quite unnecessary! I was trying to be helpful by showing how the delays in responding to queries can be shortened, if you take that to yourself and interpret it as being a smack on the wrists then you are being hypersensitive - besides, S&M leaves me cold!

Just to clarify, in your post of 22:15 yesterday and the earlier one you refered to “ARMs” , and above you specifically refer to the DM ARM, whereas the discussion was about the DL ARM. I repeat that we have not yet received the DM ARM and are therefore unable to progress it.

Brian G8ADD