April QST, Page 24, Correspondence!

It was a thrill to read Tony, 2E0LAE’s comments regarding SOTA in the April QST on page 24. Tony’s comments are titled “Kudos From Across the Pond” and they mention the great expansion of American SOTA.

Well kudos to you Tony, nice job!

In reply to N2YTF:

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for that,no problem.

I was so impressed by the speed of delivery of the QST and also I really hope in the future I can get a S2S with a Summit over there. Sunspot increase lately makes me think it could be sometime soon. I will have to take HF gear up more often!!

Best 73

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:
Tony,

April 1st (April Fools Day in the US), the W2 section of SOTA is expanding with many new summits in my area and throughout New York State. At least Andrew and I are tentatively scheduling activations of the new summits for the 1st. The new summits are already listed on the summit pages and become active on the 1st. The East of Hudson section (where I live), is going from 3 summits to 22 summits! The other sections are growing as well.

BTW the April QST usually has an April Fools joke in it amongst the other articles. One year it was the “gravity fed antenna”, where the user was up in a tower and the antenna was on the ground, so that gravity helped pull the signal down the wire so it came out of the antenna fast and strong…very funny.

Tom

In reply to N2YTF:

Hi Tom,

My next big outing will be 2nd April,which is Good Friday,so I may alter my bands?

The other problem will be the time difference,your guys would have to be getting up very early to match my alert time of 13.00 UTC.

Im looking forward to my next edition of QST and will have to make sure they dont make a fool of me Hi Hi

Best 73

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:

Can anybody make a scan of this article and send it to me please? Thanks

JP VA2SG

In reply to VA2SG:
JP I sent it to you and it bounced…will send again now…

Tom