Appalachian Trail on-the-air October 2, 2021

As of today we expect about 15 SOTA summits to be activated for Appalachian Trail on-the-air this Saturday, October 2, 2021. Go to www.ATontheair.com or check the latest ALERTS posted on SOTAWatch.

I will update the Planned Activations list again before Saturday. Looking forward to many s2s AT contacts. 73! Mike, WB2FUV

1 Like

THURSDAY UPDATE: My list now shows 19 SOTA summit activations planned for AT ontheair this Saturday, October 2nd. See you on the bands!

I plan to try get some S2S from VE6 land. Good luck everyone.

Malen
VE6VID

Iā€™ll activate Blue Mtn (W4V/SH-030). Itā€™s not right on the AT, but isnā€™t far from it. Iā€™ll be on HF due to the radio towers on the summit (VHF is all but useless there), but will be on VHF while I hike up the AT to reach the summit (AT to within a quarter mile, then a non-AT trail the rest of the way).

Chris

BREAKING NEWS : In accordance with an opinion by AT Conservancy, the Appalachian National Scenic Trail consists of "the A.T. footpath and designated viewpoints, shelters, campsites, water sources, and spur trails linking these featuresā€ ā€” in other words, part of the white blazed main Trail, or the blue blazed side trails to shelters, campsites, summits, etc. This is especially helpful to activators also submitting a log to POTA, who need to be within 100ā€™ of the Trail to qualify as K-4556. For SOTA activators, if your summit is NEAR the Appalachian Trail youā€™re meeting the spirit of the event !! Thanks and 73! Mike, WB2FUV

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be on summit but I will definitely be chasing you guys! Best of luck and 73 !

VE6JTW

Mike, I will be on W4C/WM-014 - Standing Indian tomorrow. It will be an excellent position to keep an eye on the Georgia boys and ensure that they donā€™t try to make an incursion across the border. :rofl: Not to mention that it should be line of sight to all of the W4G summits for easy S2Sing! Thanks for organizing this event!

73, pat - ki4svm

2 Likes

Too late, Pat, I already ā€œinvadedā€ and activated Standing Indian and Yellow Mountain earlier this year. :sunglasses: Hope to work you on AT S2S tomorrow!
Scott WB8ICQ

The 32 SOTA stations on W7A 10-point summits TOMORROW are looking forward to working all of the APP Trail Stations also!

Gud Luck To All

Pete
WA7JTM

1 Like

Pete,
Weā€™re closiing the gap (no pun intended)! Friday morning list shows 28 SOTA summits along the Appalachian Trail with planned activations on Saturday. Admittedly weā€™re not all 10 pointers, but the SOTA s2s spirit is strong. Listen well and may the Morse be with you !!

Reminder to SOTA chasers: Please respect the ā€œs2sā€ protocol and standby while summits are calling other summits.
Stay well & 73!
MiKe, WB2FUV

2 Likes