Apologies

First - To anyone who was hoping to catch me on GW/MW-011. The best (or should it be least worst) day was Friday 8th, when it was breezy with hazy sunshine on the coast. The summit was in the cloud with quite a strong wind blowing. Neither my XYL or I really fancied over an hour in those conditions. Perhaps it will be better when we are in the area again in late September.

Second - To anyone who hoped to get The Wrekin (G/WB-010) in the log on 70cm. The transmitters on near the summit were causing S1 - S2 QRM so I could only hear the strongest stations. Thanks to G4JZF for spoting, and G0TRB, and the best DX to 2W0PXW and GW1LDY who persevered until I got the calls and reports. Still, it proved the home-brew antenna worked.

Would the climate change boffins like to explain where the suggested swing to a Mediteranean type climate has gone?

73s, Dave, M0DFA/G6DTN

Would the climate change boffins like to explain where the suggested
swing to a Mediteranean type climate has gone?

I would like to echo this comment! Spent the day visiting walking shops in Ambleside on Sunday 10th and we got soaked!

Colin M0CGH

In reply to M0DFA:

Would the climate change boffins like to explain where the suggested
swing to a Mediteranean type climate has gone?

OK I know you’re joking but climate change predictions for the UK were never for a warm Med like climate. But for more extreme gales, more extreme wet weather, less snow, less freezing. Basically the weather we get now, but more of it!

Andy
W9/M0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

But for more extreme gales, more extreme wet weather, less snow, less freezing.

Unless the Gulf Stream failure predictors are right, in which case I’m going to the Canary Isles full time, not just wedding aniversary time (Late February). I love sending pics of sunny beaches to our daughter in Stoke - only 'cos she bites every time. Pity EA8 has never become a SOTA entity.

Dave

In reply to M0DFA:

I know what the weather was like on saturday, Me and Angela went for a walk up (SP-010) Winter Hill, And we where glad to get back to the car. Think my waterproofs need up graiding, glad i found out now, instead of up a Big summit, In the middle of winter when you just can’t get warm
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0DFA:

Hi Dave,

GW/MW-011…The summit was in the cloud with quite a strong wind blowing.

Obviously you chose a better day than Paul G4MD and I did - you don’t mention rain!

Pleased to hear we have another 70cms activator up and running. The more the better. It is a pity more people don’t take it up, especially as it is so easy with the 817 covering the band and a small antenna quite easy to rig up.

73, Gerald

I was shouting Dave in the hope you could peek the 70cms beam on me but looks like I was below your noise level. I was hearing you 2x1 but not good for a contact.May be next time,if I am home I am listening.73 Don.G0RQL.

HI DAVE

I could just hear you on my coliner about r3 s1 in IO92DU, Tutbury just north of Burton-on-Trent. i was shouting you with 50w but no reply, hope to catch you on another day.

73 Dave