Anyone else notice the upcoming "big number&q

Just noticed this statistic…

Number of Activator QSOs : 999598

Gerald
MW6AQU

I hadn’t noticed, but I suspect that will have gone into an extra digit well before the weekend is over !

Stewart G0LGS

Almost there now:

Number of Activator QSOs : 999925

Stewart G0LGS

Nearly there now. Just entered my activation.

We also have very nearly 6,000 pictures online at:

Welcome.  This group shows pictures related to the popular Summits on the Air (SOTA) award programme. To submit photos, join the group, upload your photos to Flickr and add them to the group. It is an easy and effective way to show people photos of...

Well worth a browse!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to MW6AQU:
1000015 now.
Rod

In reply to M0JLA:
Who got the million?

David

In reply to G6LKB:

Probably impossible to say yet. Some activators are on trips (e.g. Tom and Jimmy) and there will be a difference between who entered the millionth contact and who actually made it on the air.

Richard
G3CWI

Who got the million?

Why do people care about things like this? Simply the fact that it’s so big shows what a Good Thing SOTA is!

:wink:

John GM8OTI

In reply to GM8OTI:

While who made the millionth contact means nothing of itself, it would be fun to find out wouldn’t it?

…it also provides a good excuse for some publicity!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

…it also provides a good excuse for some publicity!

Now that I can understand - go for it MT! Short news item for RadCom and PW?

John GM8OTI

In reply to GM8OTI:
exactly what I meant

David

In reply to G6LKB:

Who got the million?

It might have been me! I entered 50 Activation QSOs into the database at 03:30 am this morning.
:slight_smile:

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

Nope. It was still 999925 when I escaped the drug induced arms of Morpheus this morning.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Just checked - Number of Activator QSOs : 1000182… but I presume you will keep us all in suspense as to who got the Golden Ticket!

73, Gerald:

In reply to G4OIG:

It’s not an easy question to ask. I can find out who entered activator QSO #1000000. But all that will tell you is who owns entry #1000000.

The 1 millionth QSO ( i.e. based on time & date since SOTA started) might not have been entered yet in the database.

Andy
MM0FMF

EDIT: It’s an easy question to ask. It’s not an easy question to answer!

In reply to MM0FMF:

The 1 millionth QSO ( i.e. based on time & date since SOTA
started) might not have been entered yet in the database.

Better upload my log for last night!
Adrian