Anyone else having database problems?

I’ve logged in to the SOTA Database to log a chaser entry from yesterday. I filled in all of the details, pressed submit and got an error saying “not logged in”.
I checked my previous logs and nothing was showing up - no entries visible.
I logged out and back in and it was still the same.

Is anyone else having this problem?

The database doesn’t seem very happy right now.

I tried to add a chase as you and it failed with the same error. Wouldn’t let me add a chase as me and isn’t showing my logs. I can look up summit info however.

It will have to wait till one of us can look further, I’m at work and cannot access the servers. Not sure about Andrew @VK3ARR and Josh is asleep.

3 Likes

I can see what’s causing the issue, but I can’t see how it could have suddenly changed.

OK, should be fixed now. Earlier today, I added lat/long to the token that gets sent back by SSO. Now, for reasons I can’t ascertain, the SSO server decided that it should switch from sending a claim with a field called UserID to a claim called userid (lowercase).

There’s no obvious reason such a thing would occur and there’s nothing I’ve done to edit any of those fields, but I managed to work out where it was coming from and remove that - but that selection has been in place for years, so unsure why it would suddenly change (other than I added unrelated claims to the token earlier today). Anyway, logging in/out will immediately fix it, or you can wait for 5 minutes for the token to expire and a refresh of it with SSO to occur.

6 Likes

Thanks, it’s working fine now.
Needed to log that all important 1 chaser point before I forget!

Firefox does not open the database automatically for me, when I start it in german. (as i have it in my bookmarks)

The hint is: The certificate for newsotadata.sota.org.uk expired on 2.5.2021.

I always have to confirm that I still want to open the risky page… but it does work.

73 Armin

Update your links to use the preferred URL please

https://www.sotadata.org.uk

However, the old link works fine for me with no warnings on FF 88.0.1 in Win10 Enterprise.

1 Like