Another GW SOTA Activator Completist

I would like to congratulate Jordan @M3TMX who earlier today has activated all GW SOTA summits and I think he is now the youngest person to do this as well. I know that in recent years Jordan M3TMX has activated a lot of SOTA summits, but I remember that time very well that back in April 2009 when Jordan M3TMX joined myself and my dad Tom @M1EYP along with my brother Liam when we activated Baystones G/LD-039 (now deleted) and Loughrigg Fell G/LD-047 for which I was only 16 back then and Jordan M3TMX was only 14.

Jimmy M0HGY

17 Likes

Congratulations Jordan. Very well done. 73 de Paul.

3 Likes

Great achievement Jordan!
And chuffed I managed to get S2Ss with you both on 40m and 2m.
Congratulations! :tada:

4 Likes

Congratulations Jordan @M3TMX - great achievement :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations Jordan…well earned. :champagne::beers::tada:

3 Likes

Excellent achievement Jordan. It takes some doing doesn’t it?

What a great summit to finish on too. The summit of Mynydd Enlli GW/NW-072 is one of my favourite places in the whole wide world, and I only wish it was feasible to sit up there all day (and night) doing a mega long activation!

Alas one is restricted by the boat times - or the expense and considerable logistics of renting accommodation on the island.

4 Likes

Well done Jordan - great achievement.
Very glad to get you in the log on NW-072 :joy:
Rod

3 Likes

Nice one Jordan. Congratulations!

Martin
2E0BIA

3 Likes

Well done Jordan! :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! :grin:

It’s been a long time coming, but I’m over the moon to have finally done it. The cherry on top was the perfect conditions and multiple S2Ss from GW/NW-072 - I couldn’t have imagined a better finale! I wasn’t expecting the island to be so beautiful either :star_struck:
My girlfriend and I had an amazing time exploring the island before catching the ferry back, and Colin even made a detour so we could go Puffin spotting!

I’ll leave some pictures of the trip here…

73s
Jordan M(W)3TMX

18 Likes

Well done on a great achievement Jordan… and what a summit to finish on and on a super day!

73, Gerald

3 Likes

Brilliant! Hearty Congrats Jordan :slight_smile: You look justifiably chuffed in the pictures :rofl:

Hope to catch you again soon

73 Paul G4MD

3 Likes

Well done Jordan -and thanks for the pictures which bring back memories of our trip some years ago. It looks as if you got the conditions you were longing for - and even more so. It really is a super visit if the weather allows. I envy the puffin spotting as i hope to see them every year but it seems to have missed a few years recently. (Wonder if I can spot them in Aberdeen harbour in 3 weeks time??)
Sorry i couldn’t get organised to chase you on Mynydd Anelog but you had a good selection of contacts and qualified on 2m fm (as well as on Enlli). A super day and that photo of you celebrating says it all.:1st_place_medal:
73 Viki M6BWA

6 Likes

Seeing your pictures reminds me what a super day we had too :joy:
Rod

3 Likes

Thanks @M3TMX for S2S QSO. Nice pics…

73 de Alex, DK1ZX

3 Likes