Anne GM4UXX now SK

I am sad to announce that Anne Hood GM4UXX is now SK. Anne was Jack Hood, GM4COX’s XYL. Some of you will know that she has been unwell for sometime and she sadly passed away peacefully this Saturday.

Anne was well known to many hams in Scotland from her varied amateur activities over many years. Anne was active at times in both chasing and activating SOTA, often to keep a watch on her husband’s progress on his activations! She was also a previous secretary of Mid Lanark Amateur Radio Club. Originally a GM6, she became GM4UXX after passing a real Morse test.

I met Anne many times, once on a SOTA activation and many more times back at Jack’s QTH. She was a most lovely person I will miss. My deepest condolences go to her friends and family and especially to my very good friend Jack GM4COX.

Anne and Jack on Tinto Hill GM/SS-064, May 2010

A link to some of Anne’s activities on the WoSARS (West of Scotland ARS) site.

Mid Lanark Amateur Radio Club

25 Likes

Deepest condolences to Jack and Family on the very sad passing of Anne, I had the pleasure of meeting Jack and Anne on a joint activation of my local Dent Fell.

5 Likes

I am sorry to hear that Anne @GM4UXX is now sadly silent key. I think I only ever met Anne GM4UXX once at a Norbreck Rally quite a number of years ago and I do not ever seem to recall working her on amateur radio. However, I have met Anne GM4UXX’s OM Jack @GM4COX plenty of times in person and I have worked him quite a few times on amateur radio also. My condolences go to Jack GM4COX and to Anne GM4UXX’s family also.

Jimmy M0HGY

3 Likes

I never met Anne but I have met Jack a few times. Sad to learn of this news, sending my thoughts towards Jack.

Colin

1 Like

Very sad news to hear, my condolences to Jack and family.

Roger MW0IDX

1 Like

This is very sad news indeed. My heart-felt condolences to Jack and all of the family.

Gerald

1 Like

Incredibly sad news, deepest condolences to Jack and family.

Gavin
GM0GAV

1 Like

Sad, sad news. I only met Anne once and that was when Val and I had a lovely meal with Jack and Anne after a joint activation of my local summits in West Wales. My sincere condolences to you Jack and the family.

RIP Anne GM4UXX

2 Likes

So sorry to hear of the loss of Anne, Jacks wife, my condolences to Jack and family.
Don. G0RQL.

2 Likes

My condolences Jack. Very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear of Anne’s death. I never met her, but Jack had mentioned she was ill when I spoke to him on our Scottish visit in April. Condolences to Jack and family.

Caroline M3ZCB.

1 Like

Very sad news indeed, sincere condolences to Jack on his loss.

Rob GM3YTS

1 Like

My condolences to Jack. I didn’t know Anne, but I had a few chats with Jack when I was back in Scotland in 2021-2022, some from summits on Arran.

Rob
VE3RXH and MM7RXH

2 Likes

Sincere condolences to Jack and the family, so sad to hear of the loss of Anne, amateur families and in particular SOTA activators and chasers have a special bond on the radio :pray:

2 Likes

My Deepest Condolences to Jack and his Family. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

Here are the details of Anne’s funeral from Jack for any who wish to attend.

Friday June 21st

South Lanarkshire Crematorium, G72 0TL @ 1300hrs

Reception back at the Hamilton Ice Rink, ML3 6BS.

If you have a call sign badge you may wish to wear it.

3 Likes