Andy G6PJZ new mountain goat!

Please join me in congratulating Andy @G6PJZ for achieving Mountain Goat yesterday from Helvellyn G/LD-003 during the SOTA LD weekend.

Last night at the SOTA LD Evening Bash he was presented by Allan @GW4VPX with a SOTA Mountain Goat patch and a coveted lucky anvil sporting his callsign and 1,000 point indicator.

Mark.

34 Likes

Congratulations Andy on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

@G6PJZ

Congratulations Andy and welcome to the heard🐐.

Nicely timed for the LD s2s get together and thanks for the s2s on your big day.

73 Allan GW4VPX

2 Likes

Congratulations, Andy, on reaching Goathood! Now on to the next 1000! I’m nearly up to my 1/4 mark, so still a long way to go!

1 Like

Congratulations.

Paul

2 Likes

Many congratulations Andy. An excellent summit to bag your Goat on… I’m sure Paul G4MD will agree with my sentiment as it was his choice back in 2010. :grinning:

Now comes the task of keeping up the momentum.

73, Gerald

3 Likes

Congratulations Andy on achieving your MountIn Goat status! How lovely that you were able to celebrate it in the company of some fellow activators!

73, Matthew M0JSB :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Congratulations Andy, Great Achievement, sorry I missed you on the Goat Activation, 73 Tony

2 Likes

Most hearty congratulations Andy, a great achievement and a great weekend to get those final points, very well done.

2 Likes

Congratulations Andy well done and good luck. 73 Don. G0RQL.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Welcome to the herd.
73 Fabio

2 Likes

Congratulations Andy. The guy that brought me here!

1 Like

Congratulations Andy, gutted I got on my summit too late to work you. Happy I got to see you in the pub on the night.
73 Andrew M0TRI

1 Like

Congratulations Andy!

1 Like

I can’t think of a much better place than Helvellyn G/LD-003 to get your Mountain Goat Andy. Well done!

73 Phil F/G4OBK/P

4 Likes

Congratulations Andy on achieving mountain goat. Nice to meet you on the Saturday night.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA

2 Likes

Congratulations Andy. Thanks for the QSO.
John

1 Like

Congratulations Andy. Was good to meet you on Saturday.

73, Robert
M0RWX

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind comments. And thank you to everyone who has helped along the way. It started by accident on 27/2/15, when I heard and chased Barry MW0IML from my rather basic shack at home. I did some research and on 15/3/15 I activated my first summit Rogan’s Seat G/NP-014 for 7 points on 2m FM. G8YDC was the first person to take pity on a fledgling activator and respond to my hesitant CQ, but he was swiftly followed by others who were to become familiar callsigns including my first 2 S2S. And so the bug bit!
Without SOTA I would not do anywhere near as much walking, I would not be as active on the radio and I would not have discovered some of the fantastic smaller Marilyns that people don’t bother travelling to. So, thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way, perhaps especially to the man who first took me up Helvellyn answering my persistent questions “is it far now?” so many decades ago :wink:.
And finally thank you Mark for organising yet another superb opportunity for so many of us to gather over a pint (or 3) after a day on the mountains playing “10 4 big buddy” in the words of my wife. I will wear my badge with pride and add the lucky anvil to my already overweight pack!

8 Likes

Congrats Andy! Can you pop me a photo of yourself activating - on your MG summit ideally, but not essential - to tommyread@hotmail.com please? (Unless you prefer not to appear in Radcom, PW, Southgate et al!)

3 Likes