Andalucia challenger

Hi folks! Last Sunday I started a new challenge of reach all the highest each provinces summits of Andalucia, so the first one was Torreon EA7/CA-001, the next one will be El Chullo in Almeria province, EA7/AL-001.
Regarding the Pico EL Torreon I’ll tell you that it is a beautilful route and summit which on the top you can see an amazing wiew of the Pinsapo forest so I recomended it 100% if you can visit Grazalema. I’m looking forward to hear you on the CW.

PS: Thanks to Paul W6PGN to shared a Sota with me on Pico de Mijas EA7/MA-064 last Saturday, I was pleasure to join with him and enjoy of the nice hike and the radio, so I hope to share another SOTA soon.
EC7ZT. Manu.

6 Likes

@EC7ZT

Well done on reaching the peak of El Torreon last Sunday.

I enjoyed our co-activation near Mijas on Saturday and as with all the 4 activations I did, the views across Andalusia in all directions including the Mediterranean were great.

You are a very skilled CW operator and I enjoyed watching the ease with which you worked others. It’s a far cry from my attempts to activate with CW. Gifting me your paddles was very kind and like you I now have a “challenge” but not high points but simply to activate again with CW.

While not a picture from any of my peaks, the following was memorable as it includes Gibraltar (distinct peak on right) and the Riff Mountains in Morocco.

Andalusia is such a gem of a place and reminded me of Southern California w.r.t the weather, flora, fauna and shape, size of hills and mountains.

4 Likes

Well done Manu, I hope chase you.
Enjoy the summits

2 Likes

Thanks Jon! I hope catch you in the next Sota, and I would love to do S2S with you soon.
73/44.
Manu.

Great Pablo! I’m glad to hear that you liked our area, the next time you visit us let me know before and I can arrange some Sotas, as I told you I would like to visit Scotland and doing some Sotas there, but I’m not sure when we can go, I hope soon.

PS. I hope you enjoy the touch key and I can hear you on CW…hihihihi
73/44.
Manu.

2 Likes