And the SOTA award for outstanding operating skills, goes to...

Fred VE3FAL…

While I was up on HEMA summit G/HSP-020, The Old Man of Mow, on Saturday 16/05, Fred VE3FAL decided to chase me from SOTA summit VE3/NW-142. Despite the QSB and his low power, Fred spent an astonishing 45 minutes on this chase. Most Activators would have given up way before.

Here’s Fred’s YouTube video which demonstrates his outstanding determination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kor-fwi930A&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR30S0qWYZ0uY6fnVNScUyh7avLEMaTgcfqpAthqazN4j4dJr0cSxv-nYVg

2E0YYY

11 Likes

I’d have given up within 2 overs Mike, as you weren’t on a SOTA Summit! (In jest).

73 Phil

3 Likes

I have been known to show similar determination to work you Mike :wink: Matched only by your determination not to work me. :frowning:

1 Like

Well done especially as the KX2 was set to 5 watts.

Paul

1 Like

At least we got you in the log this time and for the bonus points as well, sure look different from fall to winter for sure

1 Like

It was so much fun and really I was just playing and scoping the site out for future and actual activation. Thanks so much for pulling me out…Fred VE3FAL

2 Likes

Congratulations! It’s great when 2 stations can concentrate on trying to hear each other without outside interference.
John, K6YK

1 Like
3 Likes