Ammerleite DL/AM-178 - Thanks to chasers

Today I activated both Kirnberg (DL/AM-177) and Ammerleite (DL/AM-178). I have to say I was bowled over by the number of chasers and their patience and persistence.

The pile-up was very impressive on Ammerleite where I managed to work 52 chasers in 30 minutes but I do know I missed a few - to those chasers I apologise - it really was a wall of noise - as witnessed by a passing local bicyclist who turned out to be a HAM - he had heard of SOTA but was blown away by the pile-up! I noted his call down but I must have got it wrong unfortunately. Perhaps I’ll meet him again on another summit?
Ammerleite was impressive today I would have been happy with the 25 contacts on Kirnberg which took 13 minutes, but the 52 contacts from Ammerleite was a surprise.

So much for “bad” conditions HI.

I will be posting full reports with pictures on my blog (dd5lp.com) in the next few days.

1 Like

Please, let us know here when you had done it.
Cheers,

Guru

G0FEX
Morning Ed
Good to catch you on the two summits, well done, cracking signal from both summits.
Cheers Ken

Here you go -posted now and here’s a short link to the article - DD5LP/P – March 29th. 2017 – DL/AM-177 Kirnberg & DL/AM-178 Ammerleite. | DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI blog

73 Ed.

1 Like