All nighter

Just wondering how Alistar M0BKQ went on last night on his all night activation, out in the cold weather, On the summit of Fairfield G/LD-007,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

What on earth is he doing, unannounced, over-nighting on a summit in this weather? Is he on-the-run from the police?

In reply to M0SGB:

I thought I was the only one that did that. My wife let me back in though, mug!

Ian, MM0GYX

In reply to MM0GYX:

Hi Ian,

worked Alistair at 10pm last night on 2m. He was back on again in the morning too. Said it was extremely cold last night.

Temperature at 7am just outside Frizington at 200ft ABSL was -6 deg C so dread to think what it was on the summit.

As to being out all night, it’s not that unusual for him. Colin and I have heard him many times in the Lakes. If I remember correctly, the last time here was on Pillar in pretty awful weather.

He was also on the summit of Sca Fell Pike by 9am in Christmas Day !

Braver person than me, but then I did used to camp out in my much younger days in similar condtions, so if you are correctly equipped etc it’s not too much of a problem.

Liz

In reply to M6EPW:

Hi Liz,

Temperature at 7am just outside Frizington at 200ft ABSL was -6 deg C
so dread to think what it was on the summit.

Minus 3 on G/SP-013 Gun, this morning. Bitterly cold wind, so glad I took a tent.

As to being out all night, it’s not that unusual for him. Colin and I
have heard him many times in the Lakes. If I remember correctly, the
last time here was on Pillar in pretty awful weather.

Met Alister at the Manchester Rally recently.

He was also on the summit of Sca Fell Pike by 9am in Christmas Day !

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he called S2S from Sca Fell Pike on Christmas Day! It was chucking it down on G/SP-013 Gun, so it must have been pretty miserable on G/LD-001!

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
ive only ever stayed out in a tent once, and that was sp-009 hailstorm hill for the backpackers contest and vhf/uhf contest, weather on the saturday was chucking it down,
but the weather forecast on Alistar,s activition it was 3 deg in preston at 23-00, and at 3-30 it was min -6deg in teeside,
must be mad at this time of year,
Steve m0sgb