Ailunce/G900 Aliexpress Beware!

Hi everyone, just a bit of advice. I bought an Ailunce/G900 multimode transceiver from China using AliExpress, it took eight weeks to arrive and when I came to test it on air it was faulty, kept dropping out of TX and the recorded TX audio was awful. I tried changing settings to no avail. The RX was accepatable. So I contacted AliExpress to return and get a refund. But the seller would not accept the radio back, and Aliexpress found in the seller’s favour and would not help me. Maybe it is a firmware issue, it does not appear to have the latest version, but I just don’t know. So here I am almost £600 out of pocket. I guess I could use the radio as a door stop! Len G8LXI

2 Likes

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you should be able to claim through them as they are jointly and severally liable.

2 Likes

Problem is, the seller will not enter into dialogue and AliExpress has come down on his side. So I will never use AliExpress again, only UK bases companies.

4 Likes

But did you use a credit card? If so, you enter dialogue with the card company and it’s irrelevant what Aliexpress say.

1 Like

I had a bad experience with a 550 euro Xiegu X108 last year; after 2 years of use the display stopped working. I opend the case and was appalled at the build quality. The flat wire was broken and beyond repair. Result: no reaction on my claim beacause the dealer stopped selling Xiegu after a lot of complaints. Chinese is a very difficult language with more than 4000 characters…but two characters are missing: reliability and quality. So buy a Elekraft or Yeasu or Kenwood…

2 Likes