Activators in Ham-Radio Friedrichhafen?

Im going to visit the Ham-Radio trade in Germany.

Ive see that there are 2 SOTA summits next to Friedrichshafen… and I see that both have a lot of activations in June… in the fair dates… jajajaja

Is there any activator interested in the activation of these summits? Perhaps we could prepare a “international team” and climb together…

And if somebody wants we could also set one appointment to drink a beer together

73s Rafa EB2DJB

In reply to EB2DJB:

Hi Rafa, I will be in Germany for a week around the Friedrichshafen w/end. I am staying in the Sauerland (600km North) so I don`t think I will make a 1200km round trip to the show this year. Maybe we will have a summit - summit qso. Enjoy the show & have a beer & schnitzel for me hi.
(lets hope the Es improve on 10m/20m in the meantime)
73 Steve G1INK.

In reply to G1INK:

I will be there for at least Friday and Saturday.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to EB2DJB:
I will be there on Friday, probably not activating this year but certainly interested in meeting with other activators and chasers as well.
73 Ruda OK2QA

Ok,

I’ll be there from Friday at lunch time, to Sunday morning.

We could meet at Ham-Party (Saturday evening, I think) and talk.

And, I’ve see 2 possible SOTA summits in a 20 kms range from Friedrichshafen.

• DM/BW-348 754 mts 8 points
  • DM/BW-349 810 mts 8 points
  • DM/BW-350 720 mts 6 points

We could meet at the messe and go together.
Friedrichshafen is at 404 mts high, so you can aprox. calculate the difference in height.

I’m going to publish, in some days, a possible timetable for activations.

Previously, I’ll inspect how can we climb those mountains…

If there is a OM who know the way… please, write here!

Ammm!
Here is a map of the SOTA references…

73’s

In reply to EB2DJB:

Don’t forget Pfaender OE/VB-512. Nice and easy as the cable car takes you to top, almost. 5 minutes walk to the summit. Just take the train or boat from Friedrichshafen to Bregenz.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to EB2DJB:
Hi Rafa…
In the past years there was a SOTA-Lunch on Saturday at 10UTC on the Fair.
I don´t know if this will take place also this Year. I´ll be in Friedrichshafen from wednesday till monday. I stay on the Fischbach campsite.

best 73 de Tom
DL1DVE

In reply to DL1DVE:

As every year I will be in Fried on friday and look forward to meeting you there. Last year we had chosen the qsl wall as a meeting point and later proceeded to the biergarten for a cold drink.

Anyone arriving earlier in the week please note that unlike the years before thursday, 23rd of June will be a public holiday - Fronleichnam - in Bathe Wurttemberg, Bavaria and some other states (shops will be closed).

See you at the HamRadio!

73 Bernhard DL4CW

In reply to DL4CW:

Hi friends,

I’ll be in Fried in CDXC / UFT booth.
Of course, let’s have a good beer together

Alain F6ENO

In reply to MM0FMF:

I will be there on maybe Friday, more likely Saturday (probably not both) but won’t be activating summits - Mrs OTI will give me time off to visit the show - and fill the car with microwave bargains, hopefully :wink: - but there won’t be time for summits as well.

I’ll try to remember to take the SOTA T-shirt!

John GM8OTI

In reply to DL1DVE:

Last year there was also a international SOTA meeting on Saturday…

…WE WERE A TOTAL OF 4 (in words: FOUR!) PEOPLE … !!! :frowning:

I really hope, to meet some more this year…

I will be there together with OE5IRO and we will also do some activations on friday evening and sunday afternoon. During the show you´ll find us at the booth of “funkstammtisch” in hall A3/F081

73 de OE5RTP
Peter

Hi Rafa,

In reply to EB2DJB:

Im going to visit the Ham-Radio trade in Germany.

I´ll be in FN from Thursday evening to Sunday noon.

Ive see that there are 2 SOTA summits next to Friedrichshafen… and I
see that both have a lot of activations in June… in the fair
dates… jajajaja

Last year I´d activated the “Gerenberg” at Saturday. When i arrived, HB9BAB was still there, 20 minutes later came two OMs from S5 up - nice meetings :-))

Is there any activator interested in the activation of these summits?
Perhaps we could prepare a “international team” and climb
together…

And if somebody wants we could also set one appointment to drink a
beer together

That´s a very very good idea.

73s Rafa EB2DJB

73 Mike
DL3VTA

PS: We stay with Tom, DL1DVE, at the campsite in Fischbach.

Sabina S57BNX and Milos S57D will also be in FH and we have some plans to do SOTA with Dzianis DD1LD. I hope we will meet at the QSL wall on friday at 12:00 local time as we met last year.

73, Milos S57D