Activation Report LA/TM-049

On the first day of SOTA in Norway I decided to activate Holtankollen LA/TM-049.

I walked for about 15 - 20 minutes and put up my link dipole in a three. I started to call “CQ SOTA” on 7.120MHz as the usual sota segment was rather crowded. I did not have any luck until I spotted myself on sotawatch from my cell phone. After some QSOs I had to take a short break to put up my shelter due to rain.

I was so busy running QSOs I almost forgot to eat the sandwiches my XYL had prepared for me. She’s a keeper! I wouldn’t even trade her for a brand new K3. I think…

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-817ND powered by 8 2500mAh rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.
20/40m Link dipole inverted V about 6m high
Yaesu VX-6R

Result:
18 QSOs, 17 on 40m/SSB and one S2S QSO with Aage, LA1ENA/P, on 2m/FM.

Thanks to all the chasers!

Mads

The “shack”: http://www.sota.no/files/tm049_010508_2.jpg

In reply to LA1TPA:
I walked for about 15 - 20 minutes and put up my link dipole in a three.

I think we in the uk must have the horriblest hills with rocks rocks and rocks, I have noticed from the reflector reports, that most other country’s have tree’s or building on them, to attache their long wires or inverted V’s to something, not sure I’d like to be in the woods when a thunderstorm is about, Love to see the reports in winter with photo’s whatwith all that snow, thanks for short report, and might catch you on 145mhz, from a summit !!!
regards Steve m0sgb