Activation of Monte Epomeo (I/CA-145) on Ischia Island

I want to share my activation of Monte Epomeo (I/CA-145) during my holyday at Ischia Island (near Naples).
The island is volcanic (not active) but presents a big number of thermal sources, hot springs and natural warm pools. Most of the tourism is a thermal one and all the main hotels offer thermal therapies inside the structure. Ischia is a very green island, covered by woods from beaches to the top summit M. Epomeo (m 787). This one is worth of a visit (not only from SOTA activators) for the wide panorama to the Naples gulf, the other islands of Procida and Capri and, last but not least, for the good restaurant at the top (in the activation zone!!).
The summit is a block of tuff with room for a little number of people. Generally is not possible to activate from this top because it is quite always full of visitors (maybe possible on VHF) but in the activating zone there are some good places for HF.
The summit is reachable starting from Fontana (bus stop and 1-1,5 hrs) but there is also a road just to a parking (4€ a day) near the shop/restaurant “Miscillo Sapori”. From here half an hour on a well path, sometimes steep and narrow but always in the shadow.
My activation was on a light cloudy day so my panorama was only down towards Casamicciola, Ischia Ponte or Forio, depending on clouds movements. But sufficient to enjoy my 1 pointer activation (oh, yes, also with the complicity of Fiore and his menu).
Pictures:

1. View of Casamicciola
  2. The top
  3. The top with people
  4. S. Nicholas below the top
  5. View of Procida
      1. The path
  6. The activator
  7. Last steps to the top

4 Likes