Activation of DM/BW-848 / -659 / -661 and -102 on 2020-04-16

Hi everyone,

I just completed the activation reports for the last summits. For more details and pictures, please click on the links.

Wx: sunny, blue sky, approx. 12°C
Walking time: approx. 25 min. up/ 15 min. down
Ascent/ descent: approx. 160 vertical metres

Conditions on 60m were good with little QSB. Whole EU was workable. 40m was loud but only few QSOs. k = 1, SFI = 68

Rig: KX3 / 10W, 2.2Ah LiPo battery, Palm Pico Paddle
Ant: 22 m end fed wire with QRP L- Tuner on a 6m- squid pole.

5 CW QSOs on 40m
16 CW QSOs on 60m

+++++

Wx: sunny, blue sky, approx. 23°C
Walking time: approx. 30 min. up/ 20 min. down
Ascent/ descent: approx. 100 vertical metres

Conditions on 40m were as good as one could expect around local noon. 30m was a good complement. k = 0, SFI = 68

Rig: KX3 / 10W, 2.2Ah LiPo battery, Palm Pico Paddle

11 CW QSOs on 30m
20 CW QSOs on 40m

+++++

Wx: sunny, few clouds approx. 23°C
Walking time: approx. 30 min. up/ 15 min. down
Ascent/ descent: approx. 200 vertical metres

Conditions on 20m were good with two DX- QSOs into NA but deep QSB. 30m was loud but less QSOs than last time. k = 0, SFI = 68

Rig: KX3 / 10W, 2.9Ah AGM battery, Palm Pico Paddle

8 CW QSOs on 20m
10 CW QSOs on 30m

+++++

Wx: hazy, few clouds approx. 22°C
Walking time: approx. 30 min. up/ 20 min. down
Ascent/ descent: approx. 140 vertical metres

Conditions on 20m were really good with four US- stations in the log. 30m and 40m were slow with few QSOs. 60m was good with loud signals from all over Europe. k = 0, SFI = 68

Rig: KX3 / 10W, 2.9Ah AGM battery, Palm Pico Paddle

8 CW QSOs on 20m
3 CW QSOs on 30m
5 CW QSOs on 40m
14 CW QSOs on 60m

+++++

Thanks for reding this far!
73, Roman

5 Likes

Hi Roman

Now that is the sort of SOTA day that I would like to have but cannot! I should have been in the Czech Republic next week for an 8 day SOTA Tour with GI4ONL/OK8VM but it has had to be postponed until whenever due to CV-19, but we’ll get there when it’s safe. You had a busy day and met your objectives, beating the RBN on timings, well done!

Thank you for writing such lovely reports on your website for those of us who will go there when we are in that part of the DM/BW region. The route details and parking place info is very useful indeed. What beautiful vistas. Sorry I missed you on BW-661, looking forward to the next QSO with you…

73 Phil

1 Like

Super Roman.
Thanks for sharing your part of world.
Your wordpress is also well done.
I want you to say “merci beaucoup” for QSO from these 4 summits.
Great fun !
73 QRO
Roger

3 Likes

Thanks Phil!

Sorry to hear that you had to postpone your trip to OK- Land. But what counts right now is to stay healthy. Hopefully you can make up for the trip soon and enjoy the activations untroubled then!

Thanks for three QSOs last Thursday! On BW-661 I had to be very brief - only about 10 minutes on 30m. Sorry we missed each other.

Hope to cu soon.
73, Roman

1 Like

Merci, Roger!

It was my pleasure. Without your post, I probably wouldn’t have planned this activation. It was lots of fun. Thanks for calling me on every summit!

hope cu soon!
73, Roman

1 Like

Yes, great stuff Roman. On a day like you had one needs to move on. A short poem:

When the calls dry up and you have four or more
Its time to go!

See you on the next!

73 Phil

2 Likes