Activating Normanby Top G/TW-005

Given the size of the AZ it appears I can activate from the grass verge on the same road as the Golf ball. But if I want to access the trig point I need permission. Is the correct farm to ask at (if I don’t see a farmer) Acre Farm?
Hopefully this Friday 14/06/24 as I head to Cadwell Park
Cheers
John

2 Likes

Yes an easy one. I found a convenient gate post to attach the pole to. The worst part was that it seemed an absolute age getting there and I was only travelling across from Nottingham.

73, Gerald

3 Likes

Thanks Gerald.I have about a 4hr drive .:frowning:

2 Likes

That feeling comes from the fact that the deeper you go into Lincolnshire and Norfolk the further back in time you are travelling. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The farmer who controls access to the land the trig point is on lives at Acre House.

I have activated this a number of times, and always seek permission first.

When I have activated this summit the farmer has always been glad to give permission, and thankful that I asked.

73’s
David

9 Likes

Thanks David.

1 Like

If you activate from the grass verge by the golf balls, there’s some handy tree branches above which are good for hoisting an efhw up.

3 Likes

Pity I dont have a EFHW… Just a linked dipole.

1 Like

Same experience for me… I’ve only been there once but was happily granted access.
Approx route shown below following field edges to avoid crop damage.

6 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

I found a EF antenna at the back of the cupboard that I forgot I had. I might get to try this tomorrow.

1 Like

Does anybody ever activate G/TW-005 from the other trig point at Walesby Top? (Not that that makes it any easier as it looks similar, a little into a field down a stretch of hedge.)

1 Like

Same. Actually I asked his son who was doing some work in a house opposite the nearby barn. He phoned his Dad who gave permission (and thankful for being asked), and also said to take a straight line across the fields seeing as there wasn’t anything in them at the time. And let me park in the yard. All very helpful!

2 Likes