Access chaser log

Hi,

Since this morning can’t access to my chaser log :upside_down_face:
Loading but still empty !
Any help please :wink:

73, Éric
F5JKK

1 Like

Might be an issue with the site. I can’t either, and noticed when I was uploading chases it said I was not logged in.

2 Likes

Thanks Stephen,
In my case I’m logged and if I try another chaser got an empty log and (Objet Objet) instead of the call !

Yes, somthing appears to be offline with the database. ADIF upload fails, at the " Please verify the uploaded details and click Submit when ready " part it shown no QSOs

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

1 Like

Same here - no access. Hope I haven’t instigated something with my whining!

1 Like

Something is unhappy, not sure what yet. And, whilst I’m not meant to be working today my colleagues have totalled a VM server and taken down a number of regression servers. So lots of stuff broken now here and at work!

1 Like

The database is busy watching the funeral :slight_smile:

1 Like

The database web page (https://www.sotadata.org.uk) is having problems. There is an API which SOTAwatch et al. uses and that is working. The DB API is used by several apps including SOTL.as and that is letting me see my activator logs and QSOs. which means that is working. The database can show me summit info, honour rolls etc. so it’s “sort-of” working. It cannot show activations or chase logs. Not sure what that means yet.

2 Likes

Can also confirm that uploading Activator logs is a no-go either. Turns out logging whilst watching the funeral wasn’t as good an idea as originally hoped… :man_facepalming:

Jordan M3TMX

3 Likes

:sob::sob: Just typed in my activation log for Saturday. Crashed!

It’ll be fixed shortly, I suspect. The short answer is I made a simple non-breaking change that broke everything.

The longer answer is there’s a template of User Attributes that are available that enable access to the API2 calls that change depending on whether you are logged in. Earlier today to fix a bug where some calls do not work to API2 when logged in from the sotadata client, I added this template to the sotadata client. Unfortunately, the DB API Andy refers had some attributes masked by this new template due to one system being case-insensitive and the other not. I’ve removed this template now. As each access token from SSO is refreshed (about every 5 minutes) they should pick up the new version

3 Likes

If I’d investigated why your uploads CSV wasn’t working instead of having dinner, I might have realised what I did :smiley: I suspect it’d work now.

1 Like

Taking advantage of the hook, every time I delete a database and resend, the same log appears twice in Sotamaps.
Is this also an error?
Carlos[
py2vm

It’s a throwback to the way SMP handles activations via a sync process that tends to fail to handle deletes. You have up to 24 hours to delete before the sync will not delete older activations. Every few months I do a full sync depending on needs.

Gradually I am removing the need to use this older database for SMP queries.

2 Likes

I never considered code changes being the cause. I had been excising duplicate accounts etc. and thought I may have left the DB locked in BEGIN/ROLLBACK TRANSACTION but this time I hadn’t. I looked at assorted logs and statuses and nothing jumped out so I’ve been away for some furious exercise on the rowing machine whilst considering what may be futzed. Working fine now and all that exercise warrants a slap-up brunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
More than a year ago I gave up Chasing because the work of QRP stopped making sense mainly due to the automatic addition (by GMA) of FF spots on the WWFF floodlight. Currently, I wanted to sometimes activate something, but after wasting more time entering the log than just activating it… .Now the desire for more activations has gone too …I apologize to the hunters that my log for sp / bz-046 is missing but it’s not my fault. Regards Mariusz

1 Like

Many thanks Andrew, working OK now
73, Éric

I’ll be forgoing my SOTA salary this month in punishment.

3 Likes

Thanks