Access and the rules

I’m just launching an enquiry out there. I suspect this could result in some debate.

I have a summit near me in GW/MW with no public access and the landowner turns down all requests for access. (The astute of you will know which one!)

There are arrangements in place for members of the public to access the land as part of organised game shoots.

Question: if I contacted the estate and asked to pay for half a days shoot… without shooting anything, for a group of 10-20 SOTA activators would anyone be interested?

If so, is paying for access within the rules? I can’t see anything that prohibits it.

If you were interested how much would you pay? Say, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100?

They usually lay on lunch in the building nearby to the summit.

I’m not too bothered about the ethical debate about landowners, access rights, paying for access etc. As it stands, they are completely within their rights to exclude the public and I’m trying to figure out a way to get up there without trespassing.

I can see this will cause some debate!

Gerald
MW0WML

I gift wine to access some properties on my list although the farmers grant access its more a way to say thanks for access. We have some summits with no access too and a couple National Parks there is a fee to park your vehicle in the car park so that’s paying for access too No problem I say.
good luck hope it goes well for you.
vk5cz …

I have a similar situation. I have a hill close to me that I see has been activated several times but is on private property. I am assuming the owner has granted access in the past. What methods are suggested to gain access. (In my case there is a very long driveway that leads into the woods and up the hill, so I am hesitant about knocking unannounced. No signs posted?)