A website that gives weather forecasts for mountain summits

Unfortunately, the Met Office is only for the UK.

Mountain-Forecast is worldwide, so only as accurate as the data they receive from whoever is supplying it in each region.

Weather forecasts over the last 20 years “seem” to me to have become less accurate than they used to be.

73 Ed.

2 Likes

I love this website for Canadian weather and have found it to be surprisingly accurate.

Paul

I use Metvuw for weather maps up to 10 days out. I far prefer to look at a weather map than a summary forecast.

They even have them for our antipodean cousins.

1 Like

I didn’t know about meteoblue - it looks quite good. However, it’s pernickety to the point of being offensive about ad-blockers - even though I turned off AdBlock Plus in this Firefox browser for the entire meteoblue site, I was still getting messages about ad-blockers. After a while, I also told Kaspersky to block attempts by the site to gather infos, and after that, I got no more shouty messages about ad-blockers like

“Advertising is essential to maintain our free website with unique detail and accuracy. … Please whitelist (us) on your ad blocker or consider buying one of our products”

So, I’ll continue to evaluate it in relative peace…

1 Like