A half-day activation: Piz Campasc HB/GR-115

I am on my SOTA holiday since friday. For any reason Saturday I had to be back to my room 4 pm and don’t want to start from there not before 9 am. Minus 2 1/2 h driving I got a time slot of 4 1/2 h, enough for Piz Campasc.

Start point was the parking at Berninapass. The way goes about 2 km on meadowland (Swiss kind) to the hill.

Then you have to “go” over the rocky shoulder. To get an idea of scaling please search for two people in the picture (zoom in).

The next part of the path is along and on the ridge, first moderate and then steep up. Some times you need your hands to move forward and up. A lady in front of me (zoom in).

After 50 m steep up the path is better, but only for short sections.

It goes along and up the steep slope, interrupted by “steps” and this “stair”.

At the end of the hill, with a 180 degree turn, the last section is on broad grassland.

View from the summit to the car park about 2 km away.

I am a slow hiker and so I had only 1 h on the summit, enough for set up, 14 contacts on 20 m (3 S2S), pack up and a short rest.

Thanks to the chasers!

Lago Bianco
On the way back, one of the best sections.

Hope for QSO with you next week. (Please watch for alerts - thanks).

73 Ludwig

6 Likes

Hello Ludwig, thanks for your report and great photos. Well done with your activation. Didn’t see those people you spoke of on the mountains; couldn’t zoom in enough.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Ludwig,
Thanks for the report and pics.
The second part of path offers a beatiful landscape.
Did you refresh in a pools along the return way?
I remember a tonic treatment…
Good holiday and activations

1 Like

Hello Geoff,

click on the picture and you should see the picture and below a link for download. You can zoom in the downloaded picture.

On the first picture with a circle the height of people is 20 % of the diameter of the circle.

73 Ludwig

1 Like

No, some were dry and the others from a questionable quality, and also my time was short :wink:.

1 Like

Hi Ludwig. That was outstanding. If you hadn’t mentioned that and put circles around them I would not have seen them. How far away were they from you when you took the photos?

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

Hm, a little bit difficult to say. After consulting map geo admin I guess around 700 m on the first picture and about 170 m on the second.

73 Ludwig

1 Like

Quite a long distance then…well done.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like