A good OE summit on the way to Friedrichshafen ? (from Italy)

This year together with Luca IZ0FYL and Maurizio IU0KTT we decided to return together to the legendary HAMRADIO 2022 fair in Friedrichshafen and therefore to tackle the 974 km journey by car together. To make the trip more enjoyable and interesting, the idea was to add some Sota activations in the area to the visit to the fair. Around Friedrichshafen I found two “summits” that I think we would activate in the afternoon around 15/16 after visiting the fair, and they are: GehrenbergDM / BW-348 and HöchstenDM / BW-854, they are two easy peaks that we can reach with the machine directly from the fair.

Now the project is to be able also do an activation in OE Austria during the outward journey, and therefore I would like to have some advice from the OE colleagues, we would be traveling on the A12 motorway from the Brenner pass to Bregenz and therefore we are looking for a SOTA Summit that can be activated … leaving the highway and walking not too much, 30/40 minutes.

What summit do you recommend ???

Thanks and 73 Andrea IW0HK

1 Like

Easy summits are OE/VB-526 (Ardetzenberg), HB0/LI-012 (Schellenberg) and DL/AL-276 (Attensberg) .

1 Like

Thanks !!

OE/VB-526 (Ardetzenberg), HB0/LI-012 (Schellenberg) look perfect for us :slight_smile:

73 And IW0HK

1 Like

Myself and Paul W6PNG / M0SNA did DM/BW-854, DL/AL-276 and OE/VB-526 the Sunday of the rally on the way from Friedricshafen to Flims in Switzerland. You can park closeby to the summits.

We did 6 associations (2x I, 3x HB, 1x HB0, 1x DM, 1x DL and 1x OE) on the way there and back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can recommend OE/TI-505 Waldraster Jöchl on the way over Brenner pass.

1 Like

Thank Joe, it’s look perfect… can be the perfect stop on the way to Friedrichshafen

73 And IW0HK

There is a pivate toll road (I think it was 6 €) leading up to the pilgrim church. From there I guess around 30-40 min. And at the restaurant next to the church I heard the dumpling (Knödel) are recommened (but I did not try).

I hope we meet that the usual SOTA meetings 12:00 local time at the QSL wall at Friedrichshafen.

1 Like

yes ! we will be there Friday and Saturday

73 And HK

You may also consider OE/VB-511!
It is only a 20 min. drive from the highway exit Hörbranz, a very short walk and has a fantastic view over Lake Constance. Usually not too crowded.

Good place to park the car and start the little hike:

73!
Tom, OE9TKH

2 Likes

Thank Tom for the advice, it’s look a perfect summit !!

73 de IW0HK Andrea

1 Like

In 2017 I wanted to have at least one OE and one HB0 summit in my log, so I activated OE/VB-525 Kummenberg and HB0/LI-012 Schellenberg in one day.
Maybe the info in my blog can be of use to you.

See you at the QSL wall (I will only visit the fair on Saturday), or maybe on the air for a S2S. Have a safe trip.
Luc ON7DQ

2 Likes

Thanks Luc,
now we have a huge selection of summit to try to activate on the way to FN, hope to see you at the Qsl Wall

73 And IW0HK

2 Likes

The Fiechter Köpfl OE/TL-049 could also be a worthwhile destination. Not far from the highway and about 40 min. ascent.

73, Rudi
OE7RDI

2 Likes

I want to say a very big “thank you” to @OE5JFE and @OE9TKH for suggest us two fantastic summit in Austria !

Yesterday we left Rome at midnight, we drove in shifts all night at 10 we reached the first summit OE / TI-505 Waldraster Jöchl tired but very happy. Then super lunch with the Knödel and we went to the second peak OE / VB-511 where there was a lot of space to mount three stations, where we met @YO6SM who had just activated the summit. A long but wonderful day, thanks again for the advice!

73 of IW0HK, IZ0FLY and IU0KTT

7 Likes