A boat, a SOTA activation and some sight seeing on Bardsey Island

Hello Ben,
thank you very much for the beautiful pictures and the exciting report.

I was most happy about the happy face of your lovely daughter. She must have enjoyed the activation at least as much as you did.
73 Chris

4 Likes

I fancied a trip to that island myself but the cost of the ferry was preventative at the time. Would have been fun, if only to meet Colin Evans, the ferry operator! LOL

Great report, looks like it was a really fun day.

73, Colin (Evans)

3 Likes

Thank you very much @2E0AGB Allen, it was good to work you again :slight_smile: she certainly keeps me fit!! hi.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I hope your keeping well and enjoying the good wx over in DM land :slight_smile:

Yes, she loves the outdoors. Get’s to explore and see different things growing up. I’ll have her licensed before you know it, hi!

Take care and 73, GW4BML. Ben

You need to book it before the fuel prices rise any further @M1BUU Colin! Lovely island with beautiful views on top of the summit :slight_smile: quite a good take off on 2m FM as well!

Many thanks for your kind words, it really was a fun day, may have to go back next year too!

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

What a great activation, the scenery looks stunning in your photos, sadly I could not hear you to get you ITL, maybe next time.

1 Like

Thank you very much @M7CAD Glyn. It was a fab day out! Sorry you couldn’t hear me, fingers crossed for next time :blush:

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Great to speak with both of you!

It’s a lovely island.

2 Likes

Thanks @MW0WML Gerald - was great to get a S2S with you :slight_smile: it was a great day out!

Looking for the next Island trip now, hahaa.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Great report Ben @GW4BML and Allan @GW4VPX

Pleased I made in both your logs as a chaser.
Just a small issue remains for me to activate the summit to register a complete…

Great images and a great adventure!
73, Robert

2 Likes

Thank you very much @M0RWX Robert - it was great to get you in both our logs :slight_smile:

You’ll have to arrange a visit - I do recommend!

73, GW4BML. Ben