A big thank you

i would like to say a big thank you to G4OBK/P, GW0PEB/P, GX0OOO/P over the past 2 days who operated key and also phone and also to Carolyn who wasnt going to QSY from 60 metres because of the high winds but she did to give us lesser licensee holders a chance of a contact. I have amassed nearly 30 points over the last 2 days and i thank you, especially in the cold climate we are in at the moment and this is one chaser that appreciates your efforts and to the other activators i have worked in 2008. On that note i would also like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Mark
M3RHJ

In reply to M3RHJ:
Thanks Mark; that’s really thoughtful of you and it will be appreciated by all activators. Have a ‘good one’ if we don’t speak on the air between now & Christmas and enjoy your chasing.

73, John G4YSS
(Often as GX0OOO/P Scarborough Special Events Gp.)

In reply to M3RHJ:
Yes Mark - I haven’t used 80m much previously when activating and I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out the other day. It was worth expanding my dipole out to cover the band. I’ll make a point of using CW and SSB on 80m during the winter months in future, and I appreciated your reflector posting. I fancy a go on 160m now from a summit, unlike G4YSS John though, I won’t make a habit of it, but it would be good just to make a few QSOs on top band and as a result get registered in the 160m activator listings. I may pick an easy one for it - like TW-004, which could be activated easily in the dark as a main road runs right over the top of it!

Merry Xmas
Phil G4OBK

In reply to M3RHJ:

Hi Mark,

I have just added 80m legs to my multi band linked dipole and will be testing it next week from a GW/NW summit or two. So hopefully I will be adding 3.558-cw and 3.666-ssb to my activations. I hope to hear you if the 80m legs tune up ok.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to M3RHJ:

Thanks Mark, hope to hear you again soon. Merry Christmas.

73, Robert G0PEB

Hi Mark

Thank you for the mention. 60 metres is currently my band of choice because it seems to be the most reliable for intra-G contacts with 5 W QRP from my FT-817 but will usually try 80/40, but that depends on the conditions on the hill and time constraints (it’s not uncommon for me to be active an hour slowly getting chilled :o)

I’m pleased you’re enjoying chasing, it can become addictive and occasionally frustrating :o)

Without the chasers what would we do on the mountains? ………… apart from climbing, enjoying the views or geocaching ;o)

Have a good Christmas and hope to work you again soon

Carolyn (G6WRW)

In reply to G6WRW:

Thanks everyone, i won`t be about this week as i am working in GM land, have a good Christmas one and all and a safe climb and descent from them there mountains. Hopefully catch you all in 2009 and to reach my goal of 1000 chaser points.

Mark

In reply to G6WRW:
Without the chasers what would we do on the mountains? ………… apart from climbing, enjoying the views or geocaching ;o)

Carolyn (G6WRW)

Hi Carolyn & Helen, just reminding me, when I was on Kinder Scout on Sunday just gone, I only did 4 caches, never saw anything But white stuff at the top. and to top it all it was cold, who had the camera around his neck, cold factor was estimate -3c, and the batteries went dead so no photos ;-(

from the top, nice to see that you both are still out and about, looking forward to the 2nd mega Next year,
regards Steve m0sgb & ( Angela )