A 3rd mountain goat for the herd of Markus, HB9BRJ

Dear all

The Swiss canton Schaffhausen (HB/SH), located in northern part of the country, just nearby river Rhine, has only 1 SOTA summit at present. No wonder that Markus, HB9BRJ, had to try his luck outside. He chose to do so just on the other side of the border, in the beautiful regions of the Black Forest and the Swabian Alb, both day trips from his home. He started in 2009, and I think that there are very few SOTA fellows knowing so many places over there to set up a QRP rig and collect SOTA pearls like Markus.

Yesterday’s SOTA tour brought his account just over 3,000 points. Congratulations, Markus, on your third SOTA mountain goat! Enjoy your future SOTA day trips to the fir cone county. And maybe we can alter the L or the C of your circuits a bit to see you exploring more of this side of the country border?

Markus is a 100% CW operator, so I couldn’t congratulate on the bands. I’ll have to wait probably for the Ham Radio fair 2020 to enjoy a next beer with him on the ferry from Friedrichshafen to Romanshorn. I’m looking forward to it!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

7 Likes

Like everything in the world, the right estimation of the SOTA rankings is relative.
For example, Markus@HB9BRJ is ranked 36th in HB9 in the ranking of unique summits. So if 35 HB9 SOTA activators have visited more summits, yes, you can call that “very few”.
:wink:

Anyway, Congratulations to Markus@HB9BRJ on your achievement and thank you for all the points you have sponsored me over the years.

Hello Heinz

I had in mind with “there” his experience regarding active and former summits in the DM/BW region what is not reflected by this number.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Understood Markus, had overlooked that. Thanks.

73, Heinz

1 Like

Congrats Markus for your 3x MG and thank you for the 4 SOTA QSOs and the summits you’ve given me so far.
Looking forward to chasing you many more times in the future.

Guru

Congratulations, three times! What an accomplishment! I keep listening
for you over here on this side of the pond!
de John Paul // AB4PP